• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UGA Layeth the Smacketh Down....

Diesel

Anyway back to the topic at hand. The one thing that everyone in this thread will agree on is that the current system in college football stinks. There needs to be a playoff but I don't see it happening. The BCS has gotten lucky a few years and had everything fall into place. This year was just too crazy and the impossible kept on happening

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

1. It was Jasper Sanks.

2. It was the coach's fault for running a play to begin with!

3. What does this have to do with my point about this year again?

You're right, Z. It was Sanks. I'm not a UGA fan, I just remember they had a few good backs, just like always.

As far as #2 goes, you always ram it in. You NEVER leave it to a kick. I can still vividly remember Joe Paterno going for a kick on 2nd down with about 30 seconds left against Bama in virtually the same scenario in 89 or 90. Blair Thomas had just rushed to the 1 inch line, but Joe Pa was afraid of fumbling and Bama blocked the kick and left Happy Valley victorious.

I've already explained how I feel about what Georgia deserves this year.

Almost forgot. Here's the link for the Jasper Sanks "fumble".

Sanks "fumble"

• Moderators

You know what is the worst part of the Sanks call?

Georgia got f***ed coming and going on that one.

(1) Both knees were clearly down so no fumble is possible.

The refs blew that.

But assume the refs believe they got it right - they still screwed UGA.

(2) The guy who "recovered" the fumble recovers it on the 1 yard line and runs back into the end zone where he is being tackled by a much bigger UGA player when the play is blown dead. If he "recovered" the fumble and then ran back into the end zone, then his being tackled in the end zone produces a safety and 2 points and the ball for UGA.

Just a huge screw job by the refs on that one because they made the wrong call and then made the wrong call incorrectly. Ugh.

You're totally right. That was incompetence at it's highest. I do believe that crew got fined and suspended. Things like that game are why I'm in favor of replay in college. I do feel they use it far too much, though. The booth can review at any time. I lke the NFL way better.

I wonder if that guy has done any future Georgia or Tech games? It would be interesting to find out.

Quote:

The point was you were suggesting that the only way Georgia beat Tech this year was because of officials. You brought it up and I countered it. Tech is the one that I recall getting a game handed to them.

You didn't counter anything. I'm talking about this year's UGA team being overrated, which is really secondary to my main point, spoken elsewhere in the thread-- every team is potentially overrated as long as there is no playoff season.

Your point, if you had one, would be that refs sucked in the UGA-Tech game in 1999 as well as in this season's. No one's going to argue that with you.

Quote:

I don't think you can convince me that the officials had anything to do with Georgia's win over Tech this year. Or in fact any of them in what is it now?? Six or Seven straight???

I don't think I can either. However, this says nothing about anything we've been talking about upthread, and more about your own stubbornness and insistence on irrelevant arguments.