• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

UGA Layeth the Smacketh Down....

Diesel

• Premium Member

And Proclaim " We got screwed!!!"

Quote:

"We're No. 1," Georgia safety Kelin Johnson proclaimed. "We're supposed to be in the national championship game. The nation knows it, everyone knows it."

I agree!

OSU takes the big dirt nap!

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a UGA grad, I don't know if we should be in the title game, but we as fans, the team, and Fox deserved a better match-up than Hawaii. What a garbage team. Yes, the Warriors have all sorts of NCAA records, but they played no one of merrit.

UGA should have been playing in the Rose Bowl v. USC. I don't know if the Bulldogs could have beaten the Trojans, but the game would have been close and well played.

I hope everyone in the Nation tunes-out the Rose Bowl until their commitee gets off their high horse and starts inviting other conferences. The Rose Bowl essentially screwed up a lot of matchups for all the bowls by their moronic selection.

Ah, well, at least UGA is now setup for making a run at the national championship next year. Staford looks like he's going to be an excellent QB. Moreno obviously is a top-tier RB. The O-line is in its best shape since Richt took over. The defense looses 1 starter!

• Premium Member

I see no reason why OSU should be in the National Championship game.

IF the same rules applied to UGA being put out of the National Championship game, it did even moreso for OSU. OSU has played less competitive teams than UGA did.

OSU loss to that same Illinois team that Went to the Rose Bowl and got Punished!

The Big 10 is a Joke.

Quote:

And Proclaim " We got screwed!!!"

Quote:

"We're No. 1," Georgia safety Kelin Johnson proclaimed. "We're supposed to be in the national championship game. The nation knows it, everyone knows it."

I agree!

OSU takes the big dirt nap!

Well, KJ is an idiot. His team had every chance to EARN it's way into the National Title Game. That had every chance to win their own conference. They couldn't even win their own half of the conference! Please. They didn't even earn the right to play for their conference championship, but he thinks they deserve to play for the National title? pillepalle.gif Kids today are so arrogant and feel so entitled.

Georgia had a good team this year. That's all.

Quote:

UGA should have been playing in the Rose Bowl v. USC. I don't know if the Bulldogs could have beaten the Trojans, but the game would have been close and well played.

I hope everyone in the Nation tunes-out the Rose Bowl until their commitee gets off their high horse and starts inviting other conferences. The Rose Bowl essentially screwed up a lot of matchups for all the bowls by their moronic selection.

What? First off, before this BCS mess, UGA would have been playing the Gator Bowl or something. UGA was in the Sugar and got Sugar money and exposure when it did not deserve it. The Sugar Bowl is for the SEC champion. The Rose Bowl is for the Pac-10 and Big 10. That's why the Rose picked Illinois. Is ist that hard to understand? The've been doing it like this for almost a hundred years. I don't exactly like it, but until they have a playoff, UGA fans have no room to gripe. Georgia got more than it normally would deserve this year.

Quote:

If there was a true playoff system, OSU would have been out of the running a few weeks ago when they lost to sorry Illinois.

No, they may have hurt their seeding. That's all. They are clearly still one of the top eight teams. They make the cut in any playoff. Illinois won 9 games, btw. They lost to a team of super paid recruits in the Rose Bowl.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

If there was a true playoff system, OSU would have been out of the running a few weeks ago when they lost to sorry Illinois.

No, they may have hurt their seeding. That's all. They are clearly still one of the top eight teams. They make the cut in any playoff. Illinois won 9 games, btw. They lost to a team of super paid recruits in the Rose Bowl.

excuses, excuses...

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

excuses, excuses...

What are you talking about? I'm a Bama fan and only really watch SEC football. I'm no fan of Ohio State, but Georgia in no way deserves a sho over them. Until every conference has a title game, it is what it is. It's harder in the SEC. That's just the way it is.

• Moderators

I will say this, though. This is the year the BCS rewarded teams for not losing rather than for winning good games.

Who did Ohio State beat this year? (At least a handful of solid to good teams. They didn't take on any world beaters but their schedule at least had Illinios, Michigan and Wisconsin who are top 25 teams or close thereto).

Who did Hawaii beat? (No one.)

Who did Kansas beat? (No one.)

It would be nice if they took into account a little more who you actually beat. Instead, the focus is more on the mere fact that you didn't lose even if you played the weak sisters of the poor.

Going 1-1 against Georgia and LSU should do more for you than going 2-0 against Temple and Duke.

Quote:

Quote:

What? First off, before this BCS mess, UGA would have been playing the Gator Bowl or something. UGA was in the Sugar and got Sugar money and exposure when it did not deserve it. The Sugar Bowl is for the SEC champion. The Rose Bowl is for the Pac-10 and Big 10. That's why the Rose picked Illinois. Is ist that hard to understand? The've been doing it like this for almost a hundred years. I don't exactly like it, but until they have a playoff, UGA fans have no room to gripe. Georgia got more than it normally would deserve this year.

Anyone who would defend the rosebowl's stubborn refusal to pick the best team, has zero credibility in this discussion. They had first choice and no obligations to pick a big 10 team. Shouldn't we be more interested in producing good matchups than trying to carry on this silly tradition? By picking Illinois, the Rose bowl people created two awful matchups.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Anyone who would defend the rosebowl's stubborn refusal to pick the best team, has zero credibility in this discussion. They had first choice and no obligations to pick a big 10 team. Shouldn't we be more interested in producing good matchups than trying to carry on this silly tradition? By picking Illinois, the Rose bowl people created two awful matchups.

Dakin, you have, I guess no understanding of the history of college football. Which is the reason why we don't have a playoff. They did have an obligation to pick a Big Ten team if the records were good enough. A 10-2 Georgia team that couldn't even win it's half of the conference does not trump a 9-3 Illinois team with ties to the Bowl. Not even close. This isn't about you seeing the best matchup. It's about money and history. The silly tradition you talk about made college football what it is. You can't meet in the middle. It's either this way or a playoff, which I'm in favor of.

Doesn't the fact that Hawaii is apparently a trash team utterly negate Georgia's rout?

Congrats to UGA on winning their exhibition game. If college football had a championship, maybe they'd be good enough to win it.

We'll never know, will we?

• Moderators

I think the Georgia Tech bowl game also shows that UGA's win over them wasn't worth much. They could very well be overrated - although since they came into the game 5th in the nation there probably aren't too many teams that can make a good argument they should have been ahead of the Dawgs.

Right, and UGA was even in trouble a few times in that Ga Tech game, and needed a few lucky breaks and bad calls to blow the game open.

In particular, I was thinking of the flubbed kickoff return that became a touchback (right call, unlucky break) and the phantom pass interference call that became a UGA touchdown (bd call, unlucky break.)