• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Finally Got my Wii!

Dragitoff

I finally got a Wii yesterday. I'm really enjoying it so far. My brother has one so I've played it a good bit. Any suggestions for some fun games/accessories for it? I've only got the Wii Sports game that came with it and the Wii Play game that came with my extra controller. I'd really like some games that are fun for the whole family as well. I've got a 6 year old that's a pretty good bowler on Wii Sports. She bowled a 120 in just her second game.

• Moderators

We got the "Playground" game with our 5 year old in mind. Haven't played it too much yet but it has games like Dodgeball, Tetherball, Car Racing, etc. that are pretty easy for younger kids to grasp.

Our son is also a big bowling fan. That seems to be the game the youngest kids all love to play! He beat me trying my best for the first time this weekend so that officially ends an era. grin.gif

• Moderators

I would try renting it first to be sure you like it. We still play the Wii sports more often but since we are only 2 weeks into owning a system it is a little hard to say what we will end up playing.

That's probably what I will do. My brother has started a Wii workout. He plays it hard daily for about an hour. I figured, what the heck. I'm trying to lose a few pounds so we'll see if it works. It'll be alot of fun even if it doesn't. lol. Seriously, I'll check that other thread as well as probably go rent some different games this weekend.

• Moderators

Quote:

Mario Pary 8 is FUN and easy to play. its a board game w/ lots of mini-games in between. i play it w/ my gf.

The reviews I read on that were pretty bad compared to the Rayman games, though. I haven't played it but am reluctant to get it for that reason.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/...rio%20party%208

• Admin

RENT RENT RENT and MORE RENT. Do not buy games for this system unless you know they are games you want. Otherwise you will end up with a library of games that you've played for 2 hours and put on a shelf to collect dust.

Games I can recommend:

Super Mario Galaxy

Resident Evil 4

for groups or family:

Rayman Raving Rabids

You might enjoy Warioware or Wiiplay, but both were firmly in the 2-4 hour catagory mentioned below.

that's about it.. I can give you a huge list of other games that were fun for 2-4 hours, or simply took that long to complete.

Quote:

That's probably what I will do. My brother has started a Wii workout. He plays it hard daily for about an hour. I figured, what the heck. I'm trying to lose a few pounds so we'll see if it works. It'll be alot of fun even if it doesn't. lol. Seriously, I'll check that other thread as well as probably go rent some different games this weekend.

In a few months, Wii Fit will come out.. It was a big favorite at E3. It has a unique peripheral-- a balance board.