• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Tough Bucks' loss= Playoff busting losing streak?

HAWKS1986

At 17-18, the Hawks might have a hard time getting back to .500 mark for the remainder of the season.

This Hawks'; team should not have lost to the Bucks, but yet they did.

I don't think I am overstating this, but this upcoming stretch of road games primarily out West may 'make or break' the Hawks season. And mixing in this Milwaukee loss, a likely pending loss to Toronto and a tough game at home prior to the West Coast trip against Portland will tell us a whole lot about this team's chances.

Our PG situation isn't getting better. Anthony Johnson is a veteran, but he isn't the answer. Acie just isn't ready and looks like he doesn't want to take control of the point guard position when he is in the game.

The Hawks need a PG WHO CAN LEAD for 48 minutes. I don't know if Bibby is on the block. Andre Miller. However, the Hawks playoff chances are in severe jeopardly with this upcoming West Coast trip....

Quote:

At 17-18, the Hawks might have a hard time getting back to .500 mark for the remainder of the season.

I don't think I am overstating this, but this upcoming stretch of road games primarily out West may 'make or break' the Hawks season. And mixing in this Milwaukee loss, a likely pending loss to Toronto and a tough game at home prior to the West Coast trip against Portland will tell us a whole lot about this team's chances.

Our PG situation isn't getting better. Anthony Johnson is a veteran, but he isn't the answer. Acie just isn't ready and looks like he doesn't want to take control of the point guard position when he is in the game.

The Hawks need a PG WHO CAN LEAD for 48 minutes. I don't know if Bibby is on the block. Andre Miller. However, the Hawks playoff chances are in severe jeopardly with this upcoming West Coast trip....

Where were all these "great revelations" last night? I love how this board goes into panic mode, everytime we lose a game that we "supposedly" should've won.

LOL @ our playoff chances being in "severe" jeapordy, when just about EVERY team in the East plays EXACTLY like we do. Jersey lost AGAIN, after supposedly turning things around.

The last time fans predicted gloom and doom for the Hawks, we were about to play a road game @ Orlando back in December. And we all know what happened that game.

This Hawk team doesn't panic when things don't go well for one game . . . unlike the fan base.

The Hawks can survuve with our current PG stable. They've been doing it all year. JJ is our best player and playmaker. What we can't have, is JJ scoring 10 points below his average, and only getting 1 - 2 assists. If JJ has anywhere near a typical JJ game, we win tonight.

But he, like the rest of the team, just looked sluggish tonight. Stuff like that happens in this league ya know. This is a .500 team, and this is exactly how .500 teams play.

I'm saying that JJ pooped out. He's the one that scored 12 points on 4 - 16 shooting. When he's shooting that bad, he has to at least be able to rack up some assits. Tonight, he had 1 assist. When I saw that he only had 11 created points going into the 4th, I knew that could be a problem for us, if he didn't get it going.

He usually creates and scores at least a total of 30 ppg. Tonight, that total was 14 points. When he shot 3 - 17 FG in the Phoenix game, he still racked up 10 assists along with 15 points.

As long as JJ is the main playmaker on this team, the PG only has to be solid every night, not spectacular. And if his shot isn't falling, he must turn into the playmaker.

Combined, AJ, Law, and Lue shot 7 - 15 FG . . 15 points . . 10 assists.

JJ had 14 created points. That's not going to cut it . . not on the road on the 2nd night of a back to back.

He and the whole team looked sluggish though. Not gonna cry over this loss because of that.

Quote:

Quote:

Where were all these "great revelations" last night? I love how this board goes into panic mode, everytime we lose a game that we "supposedly" should've won.

LOL @ our playoff chances being in "severe" jeapordy, when just about EVERY team in the East plays EXACTLY like we do. Jersey lost AGAIN, after supposedly turning things around.

The last time fans predicted gloom and doom for the Hawks, we were about to play a road game @ Orlando back in December. And we all know what happened that game.

This Hawk team doesn't panic when things don't go well for one game . . . unlike the fan base.

Northcyde,

I am not panicking, but I am concerned..

JJ shouldn't have to hit his average every night (it would be great if he did), but the lack of leadership from the PG position creeps up like a recurring rash. Band aids won't help it, but another course of treatment would.. A TRADE!

Controlling the tempo, making teammates better, and hitting a timely shot is something that is needed from our PG.. And when this team is on the road that is when these weaknesses recur.

Quote:

...Controlling the tempo, making teammates better, and hitting a timely shot is something that is needed from our PG.. And when this team is on the road that is when these weaknesses recur.

Agreed - and we are wasting the solid efforts of our core player...sooner or later they will get frustrated ny this (my bet's on sooner) bananallama.gif

the center position is not our problem! the reason we are not at the bottom of the standing is the our 4&5 play. last year we were getting killed in the paint. horford is great but smooth playing closer to the paint on defence is also a part of it. aggresive guard play is the diffence in our loses. aj did have last night or jj. law will get better and chill did not push it like he has sometimes when the other guards take the night off.

Why can't people just accept that we played a sub-par game last night? This is not rocket science here. We just had a bd game, that we STILL almost pulled out. And with all of the talk about Ivey and Bogut, we played a decent defensive game, except for the rebounding. Even through that shooting drought, the Bucks couldn't even pull away.

If we were a bad team, we lose by 20 easily last night.

We're a .500 squad, and this is how .500 teams play. They usually look decent at home, but are wildly inconsistent on the road. And the role players usually play much better at home, than on the road. On the road, JJ is the guy that hs to carry us.

Once the fan base accept this, it will make watching this team a whole lot easier.

And as long as the other teams in the East play like us, I'm not concerned at all about not making the playoffs.