• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

anyone else going to see Cloverfield tomorrow?

chillzatl

I am definitely going to see it this weekend. There is a guy here in Houston that is in the industry somehow that comes on the radio from time to time who saw a screening of it last weekend and he said it reinvents the horror genre, so we'll see. They had Drew Goddard on for an interview 2 days ago for a few minutes and he says that the monster is so unique that even people who have seen the movie haven't been able to draw it and that nothing that has been leaked online is even close to accurate. He also said that he wants this movie to be somewhat like Jaws was and only give you glimpses of the monster until the end to really build the suspense. I am probably one of the few that actually liked the first Blair Witch Project so this type of movie definitely appeals to me.

Quote:

I am definitely going to see it this weekend. There is a guy here in Houston that is in the industry somehow that comes on the radio from time to time who saw a screening of it last weekend and he said it reinvents the horror genre, so we'll see. They had Drew Goddard on for an interview 2 days ago for a few minutes and he says that the monster is so unique that even people who have seen the movie haven't been able to draw it and that nothing that has been leaked online is even close to accurate. He also said that he wants this movie to be somewhat like Jaws was and only give you glimpses of the monster until the end to really build the suspense. I am probably one of the few that actually liked the first Blair Witch Project so this type of movie definitely appeals to me.

I remember liking The Blair Witch Project. It's backlash is really eye rolling and idiotic. People also said 28 Days Later re-invented the horror genre, but it turned out to be another horror that basically just ripped off better movies that threw different parts of those movies into a blender so I'll believe the hype when it actually proves to be true.

• Moderators

Quote:

I remember liking The Blair Witch Project. It's backlash is really eye rolling and idiotic.

I totally agree with that. It went from being an enjoyable and different movie (definitely worth watching) that was overhyped to a movie that is way underrated due to the severe backlash. It has been a while since I saw that movie but I would watch it again.