• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Smoove is burned out with Woody

TroyMcClure

It's so sad man...We have no offensive identity. Every time we get the ball, it's dribble out the shot clock then take a bad shot or just give it to #2. Our offense sucks and is at best - inconsistent. 79 points in a full regulation basketball game is disgusting. I'm sick of our offensive woes; it's our team's biggest achilles heel and it's been that way throughout Mike Woodson's entire tenure.

It's unbelievable how clueless Mike Woodson is when it comes to offense.

When a player is as hot as Smoove, you get him the basketball. What does Woody do? He subs him out the game.

He does the same BS when Marvin Williams is on fire.

Smoove could have easily had a 40+ game last night. He was clearly the player on our team who came to play the most. Yet instead of the Raptors D cooling him off, our poor offensive scheme stops him

Quote:

Did anyone else see it? If you judge body language, he looked so burned out. Leaving here could be a realistic option for him. I'd always thought he'd stay for hometown reasons, but if a guy feels slighted or taken advantage of, he might not care about that so much.

I've had that feeling with JJ too. Just can't take any more. As I've posted before, JJ has been exposed to a REAL NBA COACH with the Suns. The other young guys don't know the difference.

Woody is the same kind of coach as he was a player, mediocre at best. But good enough to hang around toooooooo long. FIRE WOODY.

Quote:

Well maybe come contract time Smoove will pull a J Kidd and say "it's gonna be me or Woody" and ASG makes the right choice.
juggle.gif

Really! That kind of thing happens. I remember when living out in Denver Elway and Dan Reeves couldn't get along much at all. Reeves said someting that got in the paper like "John's going to have to realize that I'm the coach and I have the final say" (paraphrasing)

Wasn't long after that statement that the moving van was seen in Dan's driveway. I kinda like Dan Reeves but hey - the Broncos won two Superbowls after he left so I guess it was the right decision.

If Woody isn't even smart enough to ride the hot hand? I dunno?

Quote:

If Woody isn't even smart enough to ride the hot hand? I dunno?

I try to defend this guy I really do. I tell myself, maybe it's just an aberration but I've seen this happen SEVERAL TIMES this year. Marvin Williams was on fire on several occasions this season and was inexcusably taken out of the game for Josh Childress.

And the amount of time he stays out is incomprehensible. And when he comes back in the game, he's not even involved in the offense.

Same crap with Josh Smith. I've always said if Josh Smith ever developed a respectable perimeter shooting game, he could be a top 5 player in the NBA. He was virtually unstoppable out there.

It's absolutely inexcusable that he was taken out with no foul trouble and when brought back in there was no conscious effort to get him the basketball.

Quote:

It seems to be the Larry Brown "old school" influence--don't want to rely so much on one player or don't want any "superstars" to hinder the "team". I've seen it too often.

Maybe that's why the 2004 Pistons couldn't score either; 'least they could defend. I guess if we want to win a championship we'll have to develop or improve our defensive game because being ranked 25th [offensively] in the NBA isn't going to get you far unless you can keep teams under or around 90 points.