• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Will the Hawks let Willis Slip again?

Diesel

• Premium Member

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/sports/basketball/6099423.htm

Seems to me that KWill is looking to leave S.A. He still plays good Basketball. I think he'd be a perfect BU to Theo basically because of his Bulk and it sounds like he wants to be here.

Could we offer a 2 year 4.1 million dollar deal to KWIll?

Then we could move Nazr for Sure.

• Admin

after him expressing interest in coming here anyway. I think it would

1. be a good gesture to other players and to fans.

2. It would be a smart thing to do for the team.

He would bring experience and toughness to this team. I will go as far to say that Old Man Willis, is tougher than Theo ever will be. He could start for a lot of teams and put up better numbers than a lot of these flimsy centers out there. The guy is rock hard and takes his training seriously. He can also be had on the cheap, relatively speaking.

How is Willis tougher than Theo ever will be? What has Theo done to show he isnt tough? Yeah he had some bad luck with his wrist injury and then his hip, but since he has been back healthy he proved himself to be a real warrior. I know that a lot of people dont understand the hip injury that Theo has, but I do from personal experience from having basically the same injury and its quite painful to try and play through and I know that I havent had anywhere near the healing process that he has had. I totally agree that Willis is tough as nails, but I dont see how he should be considered any tougher than Theo.

• Admin

Theo lets himself get pushed around by smaller guys. If someone comes in and is very physical with him, he tends to be ineffective. That really has nothing to do with his injury(s). It's just how he plays. Willis is physical ALL the time. It wasn't a knock on Theo though. It's just how he plays. Willis plays tougher, more physical.

I misunderstood what you meant. I dont think there are many centers in the game who could push Willis around in his prime and not many now either........but I do remember Hawks fans complaining about Willis really being a PF when he was still here......I guess we are never happy with what we have until its gone.....

Yeah, I'm one of those that really didn't appreciate Kev until he was gone. But i knew he always brought it all on the floor every night. That's exactly what this team needs. The man wants to come back home. So does Smitty, and so have a lot of players and coaches (Fratello) who have left the A. It's just that the Hawks seem to never value it's valuable people. Its goes back way further than 'Nique in 94. I hope when this new ownership takes over, the mentality of the people in the front office will change.

Apparently both the Mavs and Willis think that he can solidify their soft middle......but I dont believe he is the kind of player that can play enough minutes to fix that. He needs to be the primary backup C/PF for teams, not a starter like he would need to be to fix Dallas in the middle. I would love to see a Willis/Hendu backup front line, while using G-Rob/Nazr as trade bait.

he won't start there, and I think he knows that. But when things are getting out of hand, and they need an enforcer in the middle...here comes Willis, once the strongest man in the NBA.