• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

cloverfield

chillzatl

• Premium Member

I would say that I don't understand why people dislike it...but I do. It's like, we don't appreciate the subtle things in movies. We want everything explained, in detail, right from the start of the movie. We want a really predictable, over the top, explosive action movie littered with trite, cheesy, one-liners.

No one appreciates the ambitiousness of a film like this.

***Spoilers Below***

If something like this were to really happen, this is pretty much the way you would feel. Sh!t happening all over the place, your friends dying, and nobody giving you explanations. If a monster fell out of the sky, would you expect...say...a phone call from Christopher Walken giving you commentary? Would the government come on television and explain to everyone what happened?

Man... NO. All hell would just break loose.

I was impressed with the way they shot that film. All the acting that went into it, with the vantage point of a single hand held camera. Man...the helicopter scene, that nightshot scene in the subway, when they're on the street and the military comes by shooting at the creature...all the shaking and screaming.

It was almost like being in the damn movie. What an awesome experience.

Could you imagine if they had filmed it in 3D!!?!??!?

8.5/10 IMO (because it was over just too damn quickly!)