Justin Hamilton PG 6-3 225 Florida

Marcus Hatten PG 6-1 165 St. John's

Ezra Williams SG 6-4 235 Georgia

Carlos Andrade SG 6-6 235 Queen's College

Richard Jeter SG 6-6 ? ?

Keith Bogans SG 6-5 215 Kentucky

Hollis Price PG 6-1 172 Oklahoma

Derrick Zimmerman PG 6-3 195 Mississippi State

This list is definitely weighted towards the PG, SG, PG/SG type of players with a few small forwards sprinkled in. Also, with the exception of a couple of these guys, these players are all athletic and can play defense. It seems that athleticism and defense on the perimeter is what the Hawks are looking for. I think ball handling is taking a back seat because that is something that can be taught, whereas athleticism isn't something that can be taught.

It's going to be interesting to see who the Hawks bring in that are first round type players the closer the draft gets here, and I wonder, since these workouts are closed to the public, if the Hawks haven't released some names of players that have worked out for them.

The Hawks first round pick will likely be in a group that works out the day before the draft or so. I think last year, Dickau was brought in for a workout the day before the draft.

I wonder if we are going to be trading our draft pick this year. It seems odd to me that we are waiting so long to work out the higher rated guys, therefore that says to me that we are either going to keep our pick or trade it along with a player for another veteran. Most likely the team will stay put and we will end up with a combo guard with some size.

What's the deal here, just 2nd rounders are being worked out and this in such a deep draft.

Waiting on the last day to work someone out is a bad idea.

Hawks should workout anyone currently slated as outside of the lottery to borderline first rounders. You never know who drops and you must have a good feel for every player you could pick with the best talent left.

Boris Diaw would be absolutely perfect (like the other thread says) for the Hawks but are we scouting him in France?

Aleksandar Pavlovic, Reece Gaines, Carlos Delfino, Zoran Planicic should all be worked out besides Boris Diaw. I kinda like West, Outlaw and Ebi too.

• Premium Member

I think that the Hawks already know who they will pick in the first round. I think they have either decided to trade the pick or they have goals of getting an either or situation with the pick.

It's obvious that they are looking at second rounders.

Maybe there's a deal in place... .Weasel, maybe Dog/#21 will be traded this summer. The question is to who for what?

Just a gut feeling.... Probably for crap. I mean, the most we can hope for right now is the bad contract of Austin Croshere or Booth.

That would make some of you happy.

Big Dog/21 for Croshere.

Ha.

Maybe we'll be lucky and The whole trade would be:

Hendu/Big Dog/21 for Croshere/Mercer/Artest.

Then it makes sense to get more athletic players on the floor.

• Premium Member

Big Dog/#21 are going to INdy.

In a perfect for INdy world, it would be:

Big Dog/CC/#21 for Croshere/Mercer.

It makes a lot of sense. Oneal is stating that he doesn't want to play beside Artest and Mercer no more. Oneal says that he won't come back unless Isiah is coach. Indy has needs and one is a scorer. Big Dog is a home towner. BUT the other need is that of a PG. Indy has no draft picks. They give us Mercer's ending contract and Croshere's long contract and they take our unwanted players.

What we are left with is a hole at Sf. Some might suggest plugging it with Ty Corbin Jr. However, we have no Gaurds on the roster save Dickau. So what are we doing... Looking at Gaurds. Maybe Dickau is an add in in this trade. It could be possible that Dickau for Tinsley goes down on top of this.

Why does it make sense?

For all those reasons plus... Walsh and Knight are good friends. Donnie W. probably has a deal with Knight right now.

Tinsley/Mercer/SF/SAR/Theo.

With this lineup... does it mean that JT is SNT bait?

What Sf would we sign and trade JT for?

Odom?

Persons/Battier?

Harpring?

Lewis?

I too think its a mistake to trade Dog for a ham sandwich but trading Dog/#21 for Croshere/Mercer is about as far away from what we would do as anything. Why would we take on Croshere's deal AND give up our pick when the most logical thing for us to do is look at 05/06 as our rebuilding time? Getting Mercer's ending contract would allow us to save some money in 04/05 but acquiring Croshere's contract would likely make us go from a team who has a chance to make a big splash in free agency to a team that can't make any major moves. No thanks!

• Premium Member

Actually, You know I agree. I just wanted to see how many of these Big Dog Haters would want to ship him off for 3-4 years of Croshere on the Bench making Cookies.

I think we need to evaluate BD with a better PG.