• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Salim

macdaddy

• Moderators

Quote:

hasn't gone unnoticed by Hawks coach Mike Woodson, who said Stoudamire is simply caught up in a numbers game in the backcourt.

"It happens in this league," Woodson said of the playing time squeeze. "Unfortunately for Salim, he had some injuries at times that didn't allow him to take advantage of the playing time that was out there. When we needed him a month ago, when guys were hurt, he was hurt, too. When [Tyronn] Lue was down, he was hurt. When Acie [Law IV] was down, he was out. He's missed 15 of our [40] games this year with injuries of his own. What can you do?"

That backcourt sure is crowed with AJ/Law/JJ. No room there. This quote is kind of insulting considering Lue just came back. Salim was only ready in 25 of our games so there really hasn't been a chance to put him in. pillepalle.gif

I can't imagine that BK/owners are happy that we drafted Shelden/Solo/Salim to sit on the bench. They need to take the Zaza route and call Woody out on the court. Sure you miss one game but your minutes go up dramatically after that.

Now that he's healthy and the Hawks sure could use

some quick scoring punch off the bench, I can't find

any place to insert him in the lineup to give him

any playing time.

Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it.

Besides, I've got to keep JJ in the lineup all the minutes

possible, injured or not. Salim couldn't possible spell

him for a couple of minutes. Probably cost us the game.

(Which we lost any way but I didn't have to use Salim)

Yep. Sounds right to me.

Brings up another question that doesn't get much air time here. How can BK and Woody possibly be on the same page? They seem very loyal to each other, but they don't seem to see eye to eye on personnel at all.

We have a lot of money and spent picks tied up into Shelden and Acie but they don't get the run. Zaza's spent a lot of time on the bench as well, and Salim and Solo are two guys that I would think BK looks to as draft pick steals.

A busted pick's a busted pick, but surely some of these guys should be getting more burn. It just seems to me that their on different pages when it comes to talent, but you never hear anything about any tension there if it exists.