• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

To All The Salim Supporters

JackB1

• Moderators

So here's our plan again this year.

-play the same 7 guys 40 mintues a game until they break down

-turn to guys who have total nba experience of about 10 games and haven't seen the floor in months

-when they don't immediately get into the flow of the offense or knock down shots determine that they are 'garbage' and don't deserve to be in the nba.

Smoove, Chill, Marvin, JJ, ZaZa, Lue have been playing together for 3 freaking years every single game getting big minutes and they still can't run a decent offense. You expect these other guys to do it with no experience?

banghead.gifbanghead.gif

I will admit there were a few times that he chucked up an ill-advised shot but there were a few really nice plays that he made with playmaking ability. That laser he throw was crazy and he actually make some pretty decent point guard-esque plays...I dont mind if he goes to score, but I wish it wasnt always the 3 pointer. He does well on his floaters.

I was just listening to 790 on the way in and the announcer called Salim "the biggest chucker ever", so apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that.

This argument about that he hardly ever plays so he comes in cold off the bench is baloney. He was 1-7. How many shots does he need to get "warm"? First of all, he should realize he's going to be "cold" and not come into the game and start firing up shots like he's trying to intercept a scud missile. Cut to the hoop...try and get open...create something. "Work your way into the game". Secondly...he is a professional. He practices every day with the team and can take 500 shots per day if he wanted to. He warms up before the game and before halftime. It's called "being ready". If he needs 30 mins per game to get into a groove, then what good is he? He won't ever get that with this team.

There are plenty of guys out there that come off the bench and can hit shots.

Unfortunately, we are probably stuck with Salim, because how do you market a 6' shooting guard with no skills other than heaving up shots from 3 point land that can't play any defense. Oh yeah and he needs to play 30 mins per game in order to be effective.

Quote:

I was just listening to 790 on the way in and the announcer called Salim "the biggest chucker ever", so apparently I'm not the only one who thinks that.

This argument about that he hardly ever plays so he comes in cold off the bench is baloney. He was 1-7. How many shots does he need to get "warm"? First of all, he should realize he's going to be "cold" and not come into the game and start firing up shots like he's trying to intercept a scud missile. Cut to the hoop...try and get open...create something. "Work your way into the game". Secondly...he is a professional. He practices every day with the team and can take 500 shots per day if he wanted to. He warms up before the game and before halftime. It's called "being ready". If he needs 30 mins per game to get into a groove, then what good is he? He won't ever get that with this team.

There are plenty of guys out there that come off the bench and can hit shots.

Unfortunately, we are probably stuck with Salim, because how do you market a 6' shooting guard with no skills other than heaving up shots from 3 point land that can't play any defense. Oh yeah and he needs to play 30 mins per game in order to be effective.

90% of people know Salim is just a chucker at 6'0''. Heck this is his third season so the proof is in the pudding.

There is a very vocal minority who stick up for Salim....I think much of it comes from a deep hate toward Woody then actaully liking Salim as basketball player.

Quote:

There is a very vocal minority who stick up for Salim....I think much of it comes from a deep hate toward Woody then actually liking Salim as basketball player.

It's the same for Solo. I was at a game once and this guy behind kept yelling THE WHOLE GAME for Woody to put in Solomon. This was a game we were winning and Horford was playing great at the time. I didn't understand his obsession for Solomon. I think you're right about it being more of a Woody thing.

Quote:

Cut to the hoop...try and get open...create something. "Work your way into the game".

This is my main problem with Salim. After he passes the ball off, he never cuts to the hoop, he just jumps around outside the 3 point line, allowing his defender to double the guy with the ball (in most cases, JJ). I was screaming at the TV, telling him to become part of the offensive flow instead of just bouncing around outside the arc. Until he starts moving without the ball better, he's just hurting the team when he does play (as infrequently as it may be). His defender can lay off him a little, as he has to dribble each time before taking a shot.

Salim is not the answer here, and he may blow up some place else, but I don't think he will ever do it here on a consistent basis.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You were once again reminded why he doesn't play regularly.

Salim = chucker

I WILL MOS DEF SAY THIS IS NOT A GOOD THREAD! THE GUY WHEN 1-7... SOOOOOOOOO WHEN WAS THE THE LAST TIME THE GUY PLAY???

SALIM NEED TO BE ON THE FLOOR MORE THAN LUE.

AND COACHX YOUR POST ABOUT SALIM NOT BEING A POUR SHOOTER BECAUSE "HE NEEDS TO PUT THE BALL ON THE FLOOR BEFORE SHOOTING"

THE ONLY SHOOT HE MADE LAST NIGHT WAS A SPOT UP JUMPER. 3 POINTER AT THAT TOO whistling.gif

You sure are taking a small sample size. One shot does not prove a point. Not to mention it was vs. the 3rd string in a blow out.

Guess you never saw his college career at Arizona where he was a proilfic scorer off the dribble and not the catch and shoot pure shooter in the JJ Reddick mode.

In the NBA Salim sucks ! Sorry it hurts your feelings so bad.

If and When Salim gets away from Woody you will see another Monta Ellis

doh.gif

Salim has absolutely NOTHING in common with Monta Ellis.

Nothing. Monta is literally bigger, stronger, faster, quicker, a better ball handler, and can jump out of the gym. Monta can get to the rim and finish. And he shoots a helluva lot better percentage.

That is a really lame comparison.

I don't get the criticism of Salim's handles? Dude is like an And 1 player with the ball. There was one play last night where he got the inbound pass and a suns player tried to steal it, Salim went around his back and right bye his ass.

In a game where the team shot under 30% is is disingenuous to then expect Salim to come in the game, after not playing a month, and hit big shots.

Woody's biggest fault is that he does not try to develop players unless he has NO choice. He wouldn't have played Josh in his rookie and second years had it not been for the fact that he had no choice. In the AJC he said that he couldn't play Salim because of the glut a pg. That is bullsh*t since most of the PG rotation has been on IR.

The same can be said for Shelden. In a game where we are getting run off of the floor, why is it that woody plays our slowest player? (zaza)

Many people don't realize how hard it is to come into a game completely cold and be expected to make shots. Add to that a player that hasn't received playing time in ages.

Remember how well Salim did with consistent minutes at the end of last year? He was given time and wasn't on a short leash, so he wasn't under pressure and he shot well. I feel this is Acie's problem as well.

Quote:

Many people don't realize how hard it is to come into a game completely cold and be expected to make shots. Add to that a player that hasn't received playing time in ages.

Remember how well Salim did with consistent minutes at the end of last year? He was given time and wasn't on a short leash, so he wasn't under pressure and he shot well. I feel this is Acie's problem as well.

That is because a large amount of people here never played basketball.

And if you seriously believe Salim just has average handles your on crack. The man has some sick handles. Yes he gets out of control at times but that does not mean he has bad handles. Thats another issue that he has improved.

All the people hating on him for being a chucker.. well when you dont play for months, and finally get in, what do you expect?

• Premium Member

I'm sure you're two years of varsity High School Basketball make you a better judge of talent than all of us, and the 32 professional GM's and Scouts that thought Salim was not good enough to be on their team... I'm sure that game you scored 20 points in against some pimpled white kids give you that kind of cred... However, I'm just saying.. that based on the fact that the guy is a 40% LIFETIME shooter, has a LIFETIME assist/TO ratio of 1/1 (absolutely abysmal for any guard, especially a "PG"), was a second round pick, and is garnering NO TRADE interest at all, is a pretty good sign that he is not good.

I was the three point shooter for my team in High School. I wouldn't play more than 15 minutes a game my freshmen year. But guess what... If I was in the game and had an open three, I would nail it.. that was the reason I got any minutes at all. The same reason Salim gets minutes: To hit shots.

However, Salim can't hit crap.. he hasn't hit crap EVER, and his bad Lifetime stats are actually inflated by the three - four games where he has been on fire. He is nothing more than a streak shooter who has one good game out of 20.. The guy is a poor man's Eddie House with a NOTORIOUS bad attitude who will have a hell of a tough time staying in the league.