• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN Take - Hawks should trade for Jason Kidd

wolvetigers

"The answer would be a team with wing players who like to run. A team with a glaring hole at the point and, perhaps, one in need of veteran leadership in the locker room. A team with enough scorers that Kidd wouldn't be asked to provide points, and a team close enough to doing something significant that Kidd could make a real difference. So tell me, based on those criteria … how do the Atlanta Hawks not qualify? They have the pieces to make an offer, too, if general manager Billy Knight -- who has a reputation as a reluctant deal-maker -- is so inclined. It would cost them Josh Childress, the expiring contracts of Tyronn Lue, Lorenzen Wright and Anthony Johnson, plus either Zaza Pachulia or Shelden Williams. Atlanta could get Malik Allen back in the deal too (really, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams easy buckets in transition that have been frustratingly rare so far this year. And the Hawks only need to rent him for a year and a half (or two and a half if a one-year extension is part of Kidd's ransom), so the risk isn't as big as it seems."

Quote:

"The answer would be a team with wing players who like to run. A team with a glaring hole at the point and, perhaps, one in need of veteran leadership in the locker room. A team with enough scorers that Kidd wouldn't be asked to provide points, and a team close enough to doing something significant that Kidd could make a real difference. So tell me, based on those criteria … how do the Atlanta Hawks not qualify? They have the pieces to make an offer, too, if general manager Billy Knight -- who has a reputation as a reluctant deal-maker -- is so inclined.
It would cost them Josh Childress, the expiring contracts of Tyronn Lue, Lorenzen Wright and Anthony Johnson, plus either Zaza Pachulia or Shelden Williams. Atlanta could get Malik Allen back in the deal too
(really, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams easy buckets in transition that have been frustratingly rare so far this year. And the Hawks only need to rent him for a year and a half (or two and a half if a one-year extension is part of Kidd's ransom), so the risk isn't as big as it seems."

C'Mon BILLY! YOU CAN DO IT! handshake.gifbeer.gif

This trade is so laughably good for the hawks that I cannot imagine it happening. To get the best PG of the last 10 years for a group of players that includes Childress and garbage is too good to be true. We instantly become a playoff team and with a little luck become the team no one wants to get anywhere near in the playoffs.

All that said, I will believe this trade when I see the press conference happening. No until then.

Quote:

"The answer would be a team with wing players who like to run. A team with a glaring hole at the point and, perhaps, one in need of veteran leadership in the locker room. A team with enough scorers that Kidd wouldn't be asked to provide points, and a team close enough to doing something significant that Kidd could make a real difference. So tell me, based on those criteria … how do the Atlanta Hawks not qualify? They have the pieces to make an offer, too, if general manager Billy Knight -- who has a reputation as a reluctant deal-maker -- is so inclined. It would cost them Josh Childress, the expiring contracts of Tyronn Lue, Lorenzen Wright and Anthony Johnson, plus either Zaza Pachulia or Shelden Williams. Atlanta could get Malik Allen back in the deal too (really, Josh Smith, Joe Johnson and Marvin Williams easy buckets in transition that have been frustratingly rare so far this year. And the Hawks only need to rent him for a year and a half (or two and a half if a one-year extension is part of Kidd's ransom), so the risk isn't as big as it seems."

Nobody can deprive us of our rights to dream!

Kidd needs to become a believer in order to join us!

However, there's nobody who could make a pitch to JK, except for Nique...

Wonder if Kidd will be "showcased" to us this Sat at Philips?

It would be a perfect time for him people to meet with our people and have a nice sit down.

I hope the Hawks can make this deal. Even if we just have Kidd for 2-3 years, those are critical years for our maturing, young players. Acie will hopefully be ready by then to take over the reins.

Kidd is not coming here...Kidd is a whiny, bitchy little brat who wants a ring before he quits. We aren't getting a ring anytime soon. Kidd will be traded to a team that has a chance this year to win it all.

He's proven in every city that when he doesnt get what he wants he pouts and makes an asshale out of himself, just like his little headache earlier.

He's not coming because he would be miserable playing for a team just like his own Nets...only the coach here is 10X worse.

Give up the Kidd dream, it ain't happening.