Who should we Email???

Brotha2ThaNite

Guys we need to email someone at ESPN or the NBA. Our best bet would be to flood someone over at ESPN that would make them push the story.

but who???

We need to ask about the make over game between the Heats and Hawks.

C'mon lets get it started guys. Name the person and I will write up the email so you guys would only have to copy and paste.

Thanks

Here is the email,

Quote:

Now that the Heat has traded Shaq to the Suns what will happen with the Heats make over game with the Atlanta Hawks.

If you remember they have to finish the Dec. 19 game. The one where Shaq had six fouls but was later said he only had five. They have to play the last 51 seconds of that game March 8th.

• Moderators

I just email John Hollinger who is based out of Atlanta and should have more interest in this than others. I asked him:

Quote:

How does the Shaq/Marion trade impact the bizarre rescheduling of the final 51 seconds of the Atlanta/Miami game? I would guess that Marion, Banks and Shaq won't be able to play in the last 51 seconds for Miami since two weren't on the team to start the game and the other won't be on the team to finish the game. Does this amount to a replay of the game without Shaq - in other words an exact replay of what already happened?

• Moderators

The only reason you would redo this thing is because of the prejudice of not having Shaq. Now there is no prejudice because there is no set of facts (short of the trade falling through) in which Shaq could participate. I am not sure why that is irrelevant to the league.

That is some stupid fukkkked up shyyt. I almost blew a gasket until I calmly remembered the league hates the Atlanta Hawks, its refs screw the Atlanta Hawks on a regular basis so really what else would you expect but a response like that. Arrogant and Ignorant.

ATLANTA -- Shaquille O'Neal is leaving some unfinished business behind in Atlanta as he heads to Phoenix.

The Atlanta Hawks and Miami Heat must replay the final 51.9 seconds of their Dec. 19 game in Atlanta on March 8, but now O'Neal won't be with Miami for the game.

O'Neal was traded to the Phoenix Suns on Wednesday. The deal sent four-time All-Star Shawn Marion and Marcus Banks to Miami, and thus the new question: Will the two new Miami players be eligible for the replay of the end of the Dec. 19 game?

"The league doesn't know. They'll have to make a determination," Hawks general manager Billy Knight said Wednesday night.

The replay is necessary because the Hawks' official scorer ruled incorrectly that O'Neal fouled out of the game.

The Hawks won 117-111 in overtime. Play will start from the time after O'Neal's disputed sixth foul, with the Hawks leading 114-111.

Knight said NBA officials brought up the possibility of an O'Neal trade when they announced last month that the end of the game must be replayed. Knight said he was told be officials last month that a decision would have to be made about the eligibility of any new Miami players if there was a trade.

The Hawks also were fined $50,000, with commissioner David Stern ruling the team was "grossly negligent" in failing to address the mistake.

The protest is the first granted by the NBA since December 1982, when then-NBA commissioner Larry O'Brien upheld a request for a replay by the San Antonio Spurs after their 137-132 double-overtime loss to the Los Angeles Lakers the previous month.

The Spurs and Lakers finally finished the game in April 1983, with San Antonio winning 117-114.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

I emailed here:

http://www.nba.com/webAction?actionId=surv...p&surveyId=1152

I might even write them; but this is weak. Why is this even a question?! They said Shaq fouled out, the effect is the same. THE GUY ISN'T ELIGIBLE TO PLAY!! banghead.gif And why does allowing their newly acquired players play even have to be contemplated?! THEY WEREN'T on the ROSTER!

Excuse my rant. That is all. Go Hawks.

Quote:

I emailed here:

http://www.nba.com/webAction?actionId=surv...p&surveyId=1152

I might even write them; but this is weak. Why is this even a question?! They said Shaq fouled out, the effect is the same. THE GUY ISN'T ELIGIBLE TO PLAY!!
banghead.gif
And why does allowing their newly acquired players play even have to be contemplated?! THEY WEREN'T on the ROSTER!

Excuse my rant. That is all. Go Hawks.

I'm with you on that too guy