• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Fair trade? Shelden/Lue for Kelenna Azubuike

HAWKS1986

Azubuike is not a PG, but he gives the Hawks a big, athletic guard in the backcourt who can create, defend and hit a long jump shot if needed.

He can play the 2 or 3 position and can alternate with Joe Johnson or either Marvin Williams.

People have said that JJ plays too many minutes, but Azubuike is the type of player that has a similar skillset as a Joe Johnson and brings more to the table than Lue or Chillz in terms of attacking the basket and drawing fouls.

Chillz has a difficult time creating his own shot and Marvin's range is limited and his athleticism is somewhat limited.

Azubike would be a solid addition to the team.

Quote:

Games given away.

How about adding the @ Portland game where we were up 11 and lost?

How about BOTH Portland games, the Wizards game they lost in OT, and the Miami game they have to replay?

On a side note, I'd do that trade. The Hawks need another scoring option on the court in the worst way and Sheldon is doing next to nothing on the bench. We can't possibly rely on JJ to continue playing the amount of time he is and not breakdown at some point.

But the $64K question of the week is whether the ASG are willing to put their $$$ where their mouth is and do what it takes to cement a playoff spot?

Quote:

Azubuike isn't getting any PT with all their depth...but I still doubt they trade him. He's a nice player

Golden State's Don Nelson is treating Kelenna the same way Woody is treating Acie Law...

Kelenna can definitely help this Hawks' team.. And Kelenna's salary is not that large..

To me, Kelenna has more 'potential' and overall skills than Shelden, Chillz and to a large degree Marvin..

Quote:

I think Shelden would fit well into their uptempo system. He's a big that can run. Azu is good looking kid and a hell of a specimen.

Don't think we would part with Lue though. He is one of the few vets we have for leadership.

Lue does have some leadership qualities, but he has been injury prone and his PG skills are lacking. Additionally, he is really a proverbial one trick pony..if his jump shot isn't working, he's worthless..

With Kelenna, he gives you a player with size, similar shooting ability and would do a better job of guarding opposing guards moreso than Lue..

Plus, for example, if the Hawks were playing Boston or Detriot, Kelenna is more likely to draw fouls against a Paul Pierce, Ray Allen or Billups moreso than an undersized, defensively challenged Lue or an inexperienced (tentative) Acie Law...

Golden State got Chris Webber, but Shelden could help Golden State in ways that he hasn't been able to help the Hawks..

Golden St,despite the Webber acquisition, is 'still searching' for a big guy....