• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Acie & Solomon should be in D-League

Blunt91

Since these guys aren't getting much playing time and they need the extra work to harness their games why want the Hawks send them to the D-league? It must cost the team something to send players down to the D-league because we haven't sent anyone down since Donta Smith was on the team.

This team is so poorly managed that it is pathetic.

How can Acie display more, when he knows once he makes one mistake Woodson the confidence killer will sit his azz down and chew him out. Its hard playing the game when Aj and TLue can make umm teen mistakes and they don't hear a word from Woodson, but the minute Acie makes a mistake he's yanked.

I'm not going to predict big things for Acie or Shelden or Solomon or Mario, but the idea that Woody is some sort of a young player "development guru" is a total joke IMO. Woody hasn't done anything to improve these players that I can see. I do agree that Solomon would have been much better off in the D-League last year.

We have a two-story six-bedroom doghouse from what I see. Heck, Salim has his name on his door. If I were the GM of another team I would spend some serious time studying the Hawks roster.

Quote:

How can Acie display more, when he knows once he makes one mistake Woodson the confidence killer will sit his azz down and chew him out. Its hard playing the game when Aj and TLue can make umm teen mistakes and they don't hear a word from Woodson, but the minute Acie makes a mistake he's yanked.

Why is it that when I make this argument for Salim, it gets dismissed...and we know that Salim can score when given minutes, Acie hasn't proven anything yet.

NCThompson11 - - I agree. You're 100% correct.

People, and perhaps, players look down on the D League.

If used properly, as the minor leagues are in baseball,

this could be a great asset to everyone. Players could

get playing time instead of splinters from the bench,

old, over the hill players could fill the end of the

bench and get an occasional few minutes in the NBA while

the youngsters worked hard and matured.

When injuries occur, they could be called up, ready to

go.

------------------------------

Yeah GM...I think part of it is the simple name of the league. The "developmental" part of it has a bad connotation - as if they have a bunch of 8th graders learning how to dribble. Plus the shortened reference "D" league makes it sound like these guys are failures. MLB has AAA, AA, and A baseball - no D's.

You would think the NBA could have thought of a title like "Rising Stars" league. detective.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Why is it that when I make this argument for Salim, it gets dismissed...and we know that Salim can score when given minutes, Acie hasn't proven anything yet.

I'm not knocking Salim at all. Instead of getting into the flow of the game, Salim comes off the bench jacking up shots. He's a shooter and I have no qualms with him shooting, but get into the flow of the game first. Pass the ball around a couple of times, then look for your shot.

Quote:

Yeah GM...I think part of it is the simple name of the league. The "developmental" part of it has a bad connotation - as if they have a bunch of 8th graders learning how to dribble. Plus the shortened reference "D" league makes it sound like these guys are failures. MLB has AAA, AA, and A baseball - no D's.

You would think the NBA could have thought of a title like "Rising Stars" league.
detective.gif

I agree. The marketing has been awful. Remember when it first started, they had a show about the charleston Lowgators, I think. They were led by former Hawk coaching legend(ha ha) Alex English. It was called " Life down low- in the D-league" Just terrible.