Kidd would make us a contender

plato

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trad...17~17&te=&cash=

Kidd

JJ

Marvin

Smith

Horford

Acie, Zaza, Salim, S. Jones off the bench. J Kidd creates easy dunks and layups for Horford, Smith and Marvin. Easy jumpers for Joe and Marvin. Very good perimeter defense, unstoppable on the fast break.

We'd be championship contenders for the next three years. After that, Acie Law will be ready to start after being groomed by Kidd for a few years.

Kidd has demanded a trade and is on the block. The Lakers were the favorites to get him but they got Gasol. Childress, Shelden and expiring draft picks would be an attractive offer for the Nets.

I'd rather trade Marvin and less players than Childress and more players.

Marvin = Garbage.

Start Mario next to Joe. Mario can guard anybody and has the heart to. That way, you have a starting lineup of heart:

Kidd, JJ, Mario, Smoove, Horford. People that want to win. Not awkward Marvin who has a corndog up his @$@#^

Quote:

Quote:

Kidd

JJ

Marvin

Smith

Horford

Acie, Zaza, Salim, S. Jones off the bench.

So they wili give us Kidd without us having to give up any of our players? WOW sign me up.

Wow, you call Childress, Shelden and expirings "nothing" for a 35 year old PG that has demanded a trade? We what would you call what the Lakers gave up to get Gasol, a better, younger player that had also demanded a trade?

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I think he meant Chidress and expireings. As far as I know Chills is one of our players.

yep. Chills, Shelden and expirings.

A 5-for-1 trade has never happened in season, AFAIK.

It's not worth discussion.

They could throw in Malik Allen.

• Premium Member

Well, I gave this a second look. If you ignore the fact that Kidd wouldn't want to come to Atlanta most likely, it is doable from a CBA perspective.

Both Malik Allen and Darrell Armstrong can be acquired via the "Veteran's Trade Exception," which allows you to acquire minimum salaried players as part of a trade without it counting toward the overall numbers.

Basically, it's the original trade you presented (although I would substitute Zaza for Shelden because I think the Nets need a center more than a PF).

AJ+Lue+Childress+Zaza+Wright -for- Kidd/Armstrong/Allen. It only adds $4M in salaries for this season, much of which is covered by Claxton's insurance payments and the added revenue. You would also have the roster space to add two more players. (You're going to need another big and wing).

It's next year that becomes the problem. You have $57M in guaranteed salaries for 8 players, no draft pick, and still have to re-sign Josh Smith. You'd have the MLE to get another big, but you'd be pushing $70M easily.

It would take a MAJOR commitment from the ownership for one season.