• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Jack available

txsting

ESPN trade rumors say that Jarrett Jack may be shopped in order to free up a roster spot for the guy who is still playing overseas, forgot his name.

Anyway, they will want a pick and not a player, so we can use an expiring deal here. A good, easy deal might be Salim + our 2010 first rounder, probably with some lotto protection. That would give them a nice asset and a chance to look at Salim and see what he could bring. I would give them this year's second rounder instead but I think we will need it. I'm assuming that Lue/AJ/Lo will walk, so it would be smart to backfill one roster spot with a cheap non-guaranteed 2nd rounder. That frees up more money for resigning Childress and Smith, which I think is a near certainty. The only way we don't sign Childress is if he becomes part of a larger deal, and it doesn't seem very likely yet.

Jack has a small contract for next year, so he would nicely backfill for the loss of AJ or Lue. That small contract is the reason I could see this getting done (as opposed to 4-6M for Blake/Watson/Ridnour). I think Jack would be a solid upgrade at the point, but would not preclude the development of Acie. If Claxton is available he could be the third PG, or we could attempt to resign AJ or Lue for the veteran's minimum. (My choice would be Lue, and just use him sparingly in the "microwave" role)

I would definitely do your proposed deal if I were Hawks GM. Jack would help either as a decent starter (if Law fails to develop) or excellent back-up. Not a perfect point guard set-up, but a big upgrade over AJ/Lue.

I would resign AJ next year to be the third stringer that only plays in the event of injury.

Its amazing to think how well the Hawks are doing considering they have a scrub for a starting PG. Seriously, AJ is a second to third string PG in this league.

Unbelievable that he is starting for us.

We are cursed at the PG position.

We need to figure out how to undo a curse.