• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

These quotes are just all running together now...

DJ_Money

From Sekou's recap of tonight's game. Stop me if you've heard any of these before...

Quote:

"I'm speechless," Hawks captain and All-Star Joe Johnson said. "Speechless."

That's the best you can come up with?

Quote:

"We gave them momentum, and we gave them life in the fourth quarter, and they took advantage of it," Hawks coach Mike Woodson said. "Our guys are somewhat clock watching. They get leads and teams start to make runs, and we start to look at the clock and hope that the clock runs out — and that's not good."

We? What is this "we" stuff? You're calling the shots. Take some responsibility.

Oh, and "not good" isn't the proper description. "****ing pathetic" is more like it.

Quote:

"We can't spread the floor, and we can't run high pick-and-rolls against a zone," said Johnson, who finished with 23 points on 9-for-19 shooting. "We can't try and attack because they are sitting in the middle. They want us to shoot those shots. And it kills us every time."

Joe seems to understand what BK and Woody don't.

Quote:

"We were playing well, and then we hit a snag," Anthony Johnson said. "And we just didn't make any plays on the backside. And I'm responsible for that. I couldn't get anything going shooting the ball, and it's unfortunate that it came at a time like this. It's even more unfortunate to let an early effort like we gave get away like this."

No, AJ. You were sitting on the bench. Acie was playing well. You didn't put yourself back in the game, though, Woody did that. But at least you're accepting blame, unlike others...

Joe said it all. He essentially is saying that the zone is killing them because they don't have ball movement and enough people that can hit a jumpshot.

Woody is right about the clockwatching. I mentioned it in another thread. The teams goes up by say 15 points in the first period and for the next 3 periods they're hoping the clock runs out.

Something has to be done.

Quote:

Teams have figured out that when they play zone against us, if we can't knock down open jumpers, they will beat us. Does Woodson EVER adjust to what's happening on the court or can he just comment on it after the game's over?

Woodson can't do anything about our inability to make jumpers. That's on BK shoddy construction of this team.

Now, when Joe speaks about the high pick-and-roll...that's on Woodson's complete lack of understanding of offensive basketball. We have no movement, no plays designed to get easy buckets.