• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

790thezone about to have, fire WOODY talk!

HawkNJersey

Quote:

What has Billy Knight done to deserve to stay? He has made terrible draft picks and he hired Woody in the first place? Oh, and he probably has the worst win/loss record of any GM. Why should he not be fired? It makes no sense. Most of this stuff is his fault.

I like what Blank has done. He hired an assistant GM, the one in charge of scouting, from the most successful franchise in the NFL. The Hawks owners collectively should look for a similar person at San Antonio, hire him, fire BK and Woody, get out of the way and turn the entire organization over to the new man.

Yes I am not blaming BK or the players he chose this team is at least as talented as 75% of the teams in the Eastern conference. Hawks could still use a 7 footer that can play defense and rebound, nevertheless the hawks should be significantly better than the are. Woody is standing out as the link that has the control of whether this team is good or bad. Right now they look atrocious

You're right because he would have traded the picks away before he got the chance to. BK is a terrible GM..but Isiah is worse because the GM who takes over after him will be stuck with those awful contracts. Let's not forget that this idiot left two picks unprotected for a center with a heart problem..even BK wasn't dumb enough to give the Suns an unprotected pick for Joe Johnson.

• Moderators

Quote:

Quote:

its hard to take anyone seriously when they say he's the worst gm in the league...there are obviously worse ones.

It is obvious hyperbole. Come on now...

His record on FAs is poor.

His record in drafting is decent, IMO. I know Walter will disagree but there are a lot of GM who have made disasterous picks and most of BKs have been players with some real value (which should be expected given where he was drafting). I would definitely give BK heat for his drafting but it would not necessarily be a death nell if the rest of his performance was up to par.

His record on trades is decent.

His record on coaching hires and supervision is perhaps the worst in the history of the game.

I can't separate BK and Woodson and need to be able to trust my GM to hire good coaches and make changes when necessary. It is obvious to even Woodson's longtime supporters that he has (at best) tapped out all he can do for this team and that it is time for a change.

Unless the ASG has given him orders not to let Woodson go, I think both BK and Woodson need to go given BK's failure to fire him.

Quote:

You're right because he would have traded the picks away before he got the chance to. BK is a terrible GM..but Isiah is worse because the GM who takes over after him will be stuck with those awful contracts. Let's not forget that this idiot left two picks unprotected for a center with a heart problem..even BK wasn't dumb enough to give the Suns an unprotected pick for Joe Johnson.

We wouldn't have near as many bad contracts as NYK because the owners would have never opened their checkbook to him in order for him do sign all those contracts. NYK's owner basically handed Isiah the checkbook and said "make us a winner" at any cost. That would've never happened here. Regardless, Isiah is a 10x better drafter than BK.