• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

ESPN Trade Machine

gsuteke

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/trades/trademachine

This is really neat. It's alot easier to use than RealGM's and it has an extra quirk.

It tells you how it predicts the trade to affect your team's win/loss %

For instance it predicts the Hawks will actually go backwards if they trade expiring deals plus Shelden for Mike Miller.

It predicts the Hawks will go backwards by like 12 wins if they trade LO Wright + Chillz for Ben Gordon.

Have some fun with it. It's a pretty neat tool.

Come up with some trades and post how they turn out here.

Just for giggles I tried:

Zaza plus Lue for Crawford from the Knicks. Both teams decrease in wins. Hawks by 8% and the Knicks by 6%. LOL

I wouldn't do this trade, but its interesting to see that both teams would be worse off.

More fun:

Joe Johson for Devin Harris, Jerry Stackhouse, and Diop.

Mavs win total drops 11%, Hawks increase by 7.3 (42-40). Again its a strange idea, but we do get three nice players for an overworked and disgruntled JJ. Dallas gives us a 1st round pick as well IMO.

Haha. I just got a message "HIGH SCORE! You have ranked fifth in the Atlanta Hawks leaderboard" by trading Lo to the Lakers for Bynum and Farmar. Increased the Hawks to 49 wins.

When I added JJ and Speedy into this deal for Kobe, I moved up to 3rd, netting the Hawks 63 wins. Now I wonder what the #1 on the Hawks leaderboard was?

A computer is not smart enough to rotate JJ to SF and plat gordon at SG, I presume.

If your a labled a SG the computer can only keep one SG on the floor at same time.

Stupid computers.......I find myself saying that at work ALL DAY LONG !

A 6'7'' ,235 lb guys is more of a proto type SF then a SG any way......

Quote:

it would be hard for me to beleive that trading shelden and some expirings for miller would make us worse.

Ditto.

This whole thing reeks of the computerized college football polls. They can compute the numbers and how they come out but it can't predict the chemestry of the team.

That thing doesnt always work correctly though. Last night when the Kidd trade was being talked about I put it through their trade checker and it failed for salary cap reasons. It said the Mavs were taking on too much salary for the deal to work.

This Trade Succeeded!

HIGH SCORE!

You have ranked thirteenth in the Atlanta Hawks leaderboard

Toronto Raptors

You have increased the winning percentage by 8.54%

Projected: W-49 L-33

After trade: W-56 L-26

Marvin Williams

$4,466,040

Years Remaining: 2

PPG: 16 RPG: 5

APG: 1 PER: 15.54

M. WilliamsOutgoing Players: Juan Dixon, Jose Calderon

Atlanta Hawks

You have increased the winning percentage by 12.2%

Projected: W-35 L-47

After trade: W-45 L-37

Jose Calderon

$2,471,604

Years Remaining: 1

PPG: 12 RPG: 2

APG: 8 PER: 23.062

J. Dixon

J. Calderon

Outgoing Players: Marvin Williams

Quote:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/trades/trademachine

This is really neat. It's alot easier to use than RealGM's and it has an extra quirk.

It tells you how it predicts the trade to affect your team's win/loss %

For instance it predicts the Hawks will actually go backwards if they trade expiring deals plus Shelden for Mike Miller.

It predicts the Hawks will go backwards by like 12 wins if they trade LO Wright + Chillz for Ben Gordon.

Have some fun with it. It's a pretty neat tool.

Come up with some trades and post how they turn out here.

So has anyone actually done the trade on this machine to see how it comes out????????