• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Glad we didn't draft Frank Williams!

Doc Rivers called Williams work-out in Orlando horrific and called

him and embaressment. He said he'll be out of the league in 3 years

because he doesn't want it enough.

OUCH!!!!!!!!That hurts!!!!I'm glad we got somebody that atleast

wants to be a good player.

That's one of the things Kruger rode Frank hard on while at Illinois. Frank came in as the Illinois High School player of the year and thought he ran the show. Kruger noticed some things, put Frank on the bench and tried to teach him the right way to do things. Frank apparently didn't take it well, and the two clashed.

Frank was probably the only IU player that was happy to see Kruger go. Brian Cook was a good, young, developing player under Kruger. He's been a disappointment under Bill Self.

http://espn.go.com/ncb/ncaatourney00/teams/iae.html

In reply to:

llinois has good depth, but the Fightin' Illini have had a tough time getting point guard

Frank Williams, a partial qualifier last season, to buy into the system. That has caused

them to be inconsistent. He seems to be fighting himself and to have an agenda that is

somewhat different than the team's. The coaching staff has had to really encourage him

to play with the team.

Some felt if Frank was available, Atlanta would take him because Lon coached him in college. I'll dig up some more stuff on it, but you will see that Frank and Lon didn't have such a good relationship. I'm pretty certain Lon wouldn't have taken Frank at all.

Frank Better than Dickau?All you have to do is look at Frank

Williams 37% shooting in college to realize about how good

he is...That is embarassing to be that bad in college.

It's sad when a coach smacks a player like that.he must have

been extremely bad.

I've had my criticisms of him. I didn't like the fact that it took him so long to define the roles of the players on the team, and his sub patterns left a lot to be desired at times. But, I do feel he has done an excellent job of helping the young players become better basketball players.

Example. DerMarr Johnson. The best thing for him was to sit pretty much his entire rookie season. DerMarr has the type of attitude that he was willing to sit and learn as much as he could even though he wanted to play. Some criticized Kruger for making DerMarr into a spot up jump shooter. I think Kruger was putting DerMarr in position to play his best. He knows that DerMarr's weakness right now is his ability to put the ball on the floor and drive to the basket without turning it over. DerMarr become a very competent shooter and his confidence grew from that. Now, if his game does expand and he becomes stronger on the drive, you will see where that confidence that was built up has taken place.

I also think Kruger did the right thing by pulling Dion Glover when Dion was giving no effort defensively. I think it was Chuck Daly that said "encourage on offense, but criticize on defense."

Dont get it twisted Williams is garbage. DD is just more garbage( in terms of being a pro). DD was by far one of the best college players but that doesn't necessarily translate into being a good pro. Besides Frank shot 37% against much better competition than DD. When you are playing North East Washington state and the like its not hard to look good. But college is just a giant leaggue for high school All Stars.

It doesn't matter where you play...That is awefully low

ESP for college.And no passion?How dare NBA

Draft.net comepare he with a former TOp PG Terry

Porter. Shame Shame

No I saw DD play several times. I am just not impressed that he will be an impact pro. He is not this years Jamaal Tinsley. A few players have come out of minor confererences and made an impact but I just don't see him doing it. He is an average passer(he has to improve dramatically) and that offensive game of his will be mediocre at best in the pros. But like I said if he was a late 2nd rounder, I would have picked his without hesitation. There is a chance that he could blossum I doubt it. You know in watching DD I am reminded of Marbury, a point that passes ok and can score anywhere, the only thing is DD is WAY LESS atheletic and gifted with natural ability. But I will give DD credit he seems to have good work ethic,but that could be entirely not true there is no credible source to find that kind of info out. Anybody can say "I'm excited I want to work hard". But I have said befor "lets give him a couple of years, who knows"

PS Emotions don't play a part in my analysis of anything. If I disagree with you it may be many things but its not emotions.

Chris Mullin (A great player during his prime) swore up and down Adam Keefe was the second coming. And we all know how poorly he turned out. Stockton is a Gonzaga alum so of course he will take time out for a player from a school he donates money to, sometimes if we like someone we will hype them up a little more than they deserve. I have been guilty of that my self, good ol boy networks are alive and well.

and BlackHawkDown is saying that he's "garbage?"

doesnt make sense to me.

Dont talk to me about competition. Couple years ago, Wally Szezerbiak played for Miami (Ohio) and had very good respectable numbers. People doubted him and said that he didnt have much compeition out there. We all know what hes capable of doing. He shoots very high percentage, rebounds decent, passes decent.

Then again is a guy name Roshown McLeod. He had very high compeition but didnt have as good numbers as WALLY. This kid played against the best kids in college.

all im saying is that the place where you played does not necessarly effect the play of ur NBA game.

I never seen Dickau play, but heres what i know:

1)very good shooter. when abdur-rahim is doubled team, kick it out to Dickau for a wide open three.

2)very quick like JT.

3)has good PG skills. His pass and dribbles are attributes of a PG, not a SG.

4)work ethnic is GREAT. If he sucks, hes going to try his best and work harder.

Worse case = Matt Maloney.

Best case = use your imagination.

I wasnt one of those people on this board thinking he was the next coming of Jesus. In fact, i didnt even want him starting next to JT. I think we all know that hes going to backup JT this year (for the most part).

All im saying is that PEOPLE U JUDGE A GUY, lets see how he plays in the NBA....

You are a more negitive than me...lol

I wasn't trying to point out that would mean Dan will

be a good player.I simply said that if Dan wasn't atleast

a hard worker I doubt John would bother with him.

I have seen him play a ton also. The guy is a very good passer and distributor, far better than you give him credit for. Its just that in the Zags offense he was asked to shoot and score first, pass second. The kid can run the pick and roll like a champ too, the couple of times I have seen him do it. He learned from the best on that one, John Stockton. I am just saying that you should give this kid the benefit of the doubt until he proves someone wrong.

Stockton IS the best PG EVER.He outlasted greats like

Magic Johnson Isiah Thomas,Timmy Hardaway and others.

And sure you have Pistol Pete and others,but Stockton

has won alot games and is the all time steals and assist

leader BY A LONGSHOT for a reason...

Learning from him should atleast help Dan.

Stockton is many things but not the best PG of all time> It was Magic hands down. Take Pistol Pete and Tim Hardaway off the list. I have heard alot of comparisons btwn dd and stockton. But just because DD went to the same college and looks a little like him doesn't mean the comparisons btwn him and stockton hold. DD is a totally different player.

To Dolfan23 I agree DD was asked to score more than the average point but I still feel his passing abilities have a long way to go. But again I hope I am wrong.

PS I reiterate if we had gotten him at 37 or lower I wouldn't have hesitated to get him he was near the top of my list for second round prospects.

We should have gone after Lynn Greer and Tayshaun Prince the most under rated players in the draft.

Stockton=More steals,More assist.Johnson was great,but Stockton

is the best ever.Guys like Magic/Pistol Pete/Mark Price couldn't and

wouldn't still be top PG's at the age of 40.Just like Nique passed

his prime at 34.

Guys like Magic can flash,but a Tim Duncan/Karl Malones/Stocktons

are effective alot more years in the league.

It's no disrepect to Magic at all....But Stockton is the best or tied

at worst.It's hard to say there is a better PG than the alltime steals

and assist leader.

It's the same way a Shareef/Elton Brand will probably be effective

more years than a Antonio McDyess will be effective.