• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Someone fill me in.....

Dejay

I just got back from being out in the cabins of Blue Ridge, GA (beautiful mountain view and a great getaway from the kids) with the wife and some friends. We were so busy that we didn't have any time to watch Sportscenter or check any sports news. I get back in town to find that the Hawks just made a move for Mike Bibby?! You mean the Notorious A.S.G. gave BK permission to add salary? To make things better, we didn't have to give up any of the 'core' players; as Bill Simmons would say, they basically gave Sacramento the 'Shelden Williams pu-pu platter' for one of their better players, who's playoff tested and proven.

As much as I detest Billy Knight (and even this move doesn't erase the opportunity costs that the team's paid for passing up Deng, Paul, and Roy), I can't fault him on this move; its one that had to be made. Can you name a point guard with the value of Bibby who could be had for what the Hawks gave up? You gave them a guy (Shelden) who is at best an 8-9th guy on a decent team's rotation, garbage (see Wright, Lorenzen), and a pair of backup guards.

Now the onus is on Woodson to get this team in the playoffs.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm so excited - da dump da dump - !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nana.gifnana.gifnana.gifnana.gif

I have to admit that before any of this happened I was strongly opposed to trading for Bibby...

Truth is though, I never expected to be able to get him without giving up any important players; so that was quite unexpected... and I also didn't know that his ridiculous contract was about to expire.

However, now that the trade and the specifics have been announced I'll go ahead and admit that I'm pretty damn excited to see Bibby in a Hawks Uni... we FINALLY have a PG!

He may not be the best, he may be playing below his usual level, but he IS A REAL PG... That's good enough for me, after 4 years of Tyronne Lue, Bobby Sura, Anthony Johnson etc.. we finally have a freaking legit PG.