• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

This trade would be for the future....

Jdawgflow

• Premium Member

I like the Hawks players, but we have to do something. There is a trade I mentioned a while back that I would like to see happen. Now that the Lakers got Gasol, I think it is a possibility.

JJ

for

Bynum/Farmar/(maybe a 1st, but I doubt we could get that much)

This trade would finally get us the center we need. For the Lakers, it would give them another good player to help them win the title. Bynum can't play the rest of the year probably and Gasol is very good.

Anyone think/would like to see this happen?

There is no way in HELL the Lakers would do that. NONE. ZILCH. NADA.

Laker fans and their front office would think they're on an episode of punk'd. They already have an all-star MVP candidate at the 2 ( Kobe ), a very good versatile player at the 3 ( Odom ), and another all-star caliber player at the 4 ( Gasol ). So when Bynum comes back to play the 5, that team instantly becomes the best team in the league. Ish, they might be the best team in the league WITHOUT Bynum. So when he comes back, the Lakers become a juggernaut that I think, only the Spurs have a chance to bat.

And you'll telling them to trade their young emerging center, and their defensive PG off the bench, and maybe a 1st round pick, just to add JJ?

It would be like asking us to trade Acie + Smoove + 1st for Michael Redd or Chauncey Billups. No way you do a deal like that.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I like their championship chances better with Bynum, than with JJ.

Do you think Bynum is going to play this year? And they might think that with Gasol, having another scorer and defender who is an All-Star would help them more in the short term than an injured Bynum.

I just know that this is the best possible trade for a 5 we can get. Not sure it will happen, but I think that now is the very best chance we have of making it happen.

Quote:

Do you think Bynum is going to play this year? And they might think that with Gasol, having another scorer and defender who is an All-Star would help them more in the short term than an injured Bynum.

I just know that this is the best possible trade for a 5 we can get. Not sure it will happen, but I think that now is the very best chance we have of making it happen.

Not sure if Bynum is coming back this year or not, but even without him, the Lakers are championship contenders. It is not a realistic trade, and can only be accomplished on NBA 2k or NBA Live.

• Premium Member

I am fully aware that other contracts would be involved to make salaries work. Aside from that, you don't know if the Lakers think they would be more likely to win the title by making this trade or not. My hope with this trade would be to catch them before the deadline and sell them on giving another player for a title like we did Sheed. For the Sheed trade we got back Smoove. It would be awesome if this time we could get back Bynum.

• Premium Member

Quote:

There is no way in HELL the Lakers would do that. NONE. ZILCH. NADA.

Laker fans and their front office would think they're on an episode of punk'd. They already have an all-star MVP candidate at the 2 ( Kobe ), a very good versatile player at the 3 ( Odom ), and another all-star caliber player at the 4 ( Gasol ). So when Bynum comes back to play the 5, that team instantly becomes the best team in the league. Ish, they might be the best team in the league WITHOUT Bynum. So when he comes back, the Lakers become a juggernaut that I think, only the Spurs have a chance to bat.

And you'll telling them to trade their young emerging center, and their defensive PG off the bench, and maybe a 1st round pick, just to add JJ?

It would be like asking us to trade Acie + Smoove + 1st for Michael Redd or Chauncey Billups. No way you do a deal like that.

What center do you think we could actually get for JJ?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Jdawg,, I hate to say it,,,,but either you're an idiot or you lack knowledge of how the NBA works

i believe he is in med school and is a bit out of touch with the NBA at the moment.

Looks like you are right Ex. Haven't been watching much NBA lately I have to admit. All I do know right now is that I have been disgusted watching JJ play this year. Is there a center that we can get somewhere?

A couple of other things I do know:

Woody needs to be gone

We need to quit playing like pansies

Smoove needs to be resigned

Big Al is going to be great and should be ROY

Missing on Paul and Roy sucks something awful

Bynum is exactly what we need (but apparently can't get....oh well, i tried)

Marvin is not living up to expectations at all

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Pistons trading for Rasheed, because they needed another big body, and they traded us a 1st round pick that turned into J. Smith. That is different than the Lakers trading a potential star in Bynum for a JJ, because the Lakers do not need a shooting guard/small forward.

Fair enough.