• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

DHall trade that makes the most sense

gsuteke

Quote:

Brady Quinn for DeAngelo Hall

Quinn may be a bit overrated but he's certainly comparable to anything we'd get in the 2nd round if not better in the draft.

yea I saw on another board that it could turn into a 3-way deal, Giants sending first to Cleve, Cleve send Quinn to Atl, and Atl sending Hall to NY

I would be down for that, or the 1st and 2 5's coming from NY, those make sense for Atl

Signing these two guys may open the door for that to happen:

Falcons sign DBs Coleman, Hutchins

By STEVE WYCHE

The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 03/01/08

While the Falcons' courtship of free-agent tailback Michael Turner went into its second day without a deal being struck, the team bolstered its secondary, signing free safety Erik Coleman and cornerback Von Hutchins on Saturday.

Coleman signed a four-year deal worth $10 million. Hutchins signed a multiyear deal, but specific terms were not disclosed.

Coleman is expected to replace starting free safety Chris Crocker, whose contract expired at the end of the season. Coleman started for most of his first three seasons with the New York Jets but fell out of favor last season and started only four games. He will compete with third-year player Jimmy Williams for the No. 1 job.

The signing of Hutchins, a four-year veteran who spent the past two seasons with Houston after opening his career with the Colts, adds depth at cornerback. He also has played safety.

His acquisition also gives the Falcons a veteran starter in case they decide to trade two-time Pro Bowl cornerback DeAngelo Hall, who said he wants out of Atlanta. The Falcons have been involved in trade discussions regarding Hall, but no decision regarding the two-time Pro Bowler is imminent.

I think the Falcons will hold on to Hall until draft day and use him as bait to to maximize the best pic they can get for him. ( I'm sure Dimitroff has the low down on Quinn since both of Quinn's former coaches came from the Patriots organization (Notre Dame / Cleveland). So if he hears good things about him he ll probably make that offer. Not sure if Cleveland or their coach wants Hall's attitude but we know the Giants do and it would make Cleveland much better on paper (Cleveland must be agressive to compete with the Steelers, Colt, and Patriots so I et they would consider it ).

The Giants have a standing offer of the #31 pick for Hall. The Falcons may hold out until the Giants # is called to see if another team offers a better pick. Maybe they can get pick 20 or so for Hall since Hall is still young.

One thing is for sure. A power offense is being built with our 260 lb bruising FB, 265 lb run blocking TE, 237 lb RB.......now lets get a couple of young, stud, OL and pound the ball ! Once the defense is bruised, battered, an tired, Norwood is put in and breaks some big long runs....heck even Turner is known for breaking long runs.

Chis Redman can make the smart plays (if we protect him and can run the ball) while we groom a young QB. We could do alot worse then Brady Quinn as the young QB to groom.

He may come around but he has at least two strikes against him. And the Falcons can't tolerate much more. He's either got to get on board with the new coaching staff or find a new address. And I agree with CoachX, come draft day we may get a better offer, like a couple picks we can use on our line.