• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

We simply are not good.

ATL_BALLER

Seriously, it's clear Woodson is beyond incompetent, and man do I want him gone, but there also has to be accountability with the players. Regardless of how piss poor the coach is (and again, he certainly is), why do our boys get completely outworked so often? Where is the pride?

I just doesn't add up: we seem stacked on paper. Still, every outing, the other team's stiffs make our "stars" look weak: tonight, it was Pietrus pulling up at will. We're supposed to be athletic, yet, outside of some impressive Smoove blocks, it seems every team is faster, stronger, etc. We're supposed to run, but teams run circles around us. We play perfectly in spurts, then it looks like we're D-League. And it's the same quotes from players after each loss - we didn't do this, we didn't that. Well, when ARE you going to do it? As much as I detest Woody, ultimately, he can't go out and perform.

Sorry for rambling, it just all doesn't make sense. The only conclusion I can come up with is:

We're not as talented as we think we are.

I think the players have laid down and are allowing certain things to happen that won't completely make it look like they are trying to get Woodson fired. We went from being one of the better defensive teams in the league earlier in the year to a complete joke defensively now and there is no reason for it because the players haven't changed other than a few non-defensive spare parts so the only logical reason is that they just don't want to play with pride and stop the other team on a consistent basis.

• Premium Member

The Hawks have one of the youngest cores in the NBA.

What they need is a coach who can teach them how to play the game. While certain players have made incremental improvements since drafted, the overall Basketball IQ of those players has not improved.

^^^That's what bothers me about Woodson.

I'm optimistic about the tallent on this team. They just need better guidance.

Here's a little piece of advice that I know has been brought up here. I wonder if it is being preached by our "defensive" coach:

MOVE people. DON'T just stand there. Make it DIFFICULT for the opposition to guard you. Get OPEN when someone is double teamed and in trouble. Sheesh...

I like the pieces that we do have. Plenty of potential there. But I'm starting to realize we play a very finesse game. We lack a physical component to our game. Horford is the only real physical player, but he is often outmatched in size. We still need to add some physicality in some form to reach another level.