• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Limit Marvin's minutes, play Mario West..

HAWKS1986

It might not be a total cure for our defensive woes, but the Hawks got to find a way to improve their perimeter defense--immediately!

Mario shouldn't be sitting on the bench..

West can play 16 to 20 minutes, and limit Marvin's to 20 to 24 minutes..

Quote:

It might not be a total cure for our defensive woes, but the Hawks got to find a way to improve their perimeter defense--immediately!

Mario shouldn't be sitting on the bench..

West can play 16 to 20 minutes, and limit Marvin's to 20 to 24 minutes..

Oh please STHU Marvin was contesting every damn shot. He sucks, but at least he was trying. Josh Smith on other hand played completly heartless, he didn't contest shots and made some dumb mistakes as usual. Go watch the replay!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Marvin isn't the problem...

Joe is a way bigger joke than marvin.

I don't know we were close...

Then Marvin comes in at the 10 minute mark in the 4th and Charlotte goes on a bigtime run!

• Premium Member

Quote:

Diesel you are delusional. The whole team played like ass in the 4th. To pin it on MW is ridiculous. MW and Horford were the only Hawks that actually played decent tonight.

I just pointed out the fact.

One minute, we're down by seven..

Marvin comes in and the next minute, everybody is on the three point line shooting threes.

Felton.

Then Dudley.

YEP

Jared freakin Dudley is lining up a three.

I was waiting for Okafor to take his ass out there and shoot a three.

Matt Carroll is looking like Larry Freaking Bird...

• Premium Member

Quote:

Wow man you really are too far gone...that is just ignant hate for no reason

How is it hate when I'm just pointing out the facts??

If I were to say that Zaza played and did fair, I guess I'm giving a tremendous amount of love huh?

I guess it is hate.

I hate to see our team play with no heart. I hate to see the other team celebrating on the sideline like they're beating up on the practice squad. I hate to see our players have to leave the game embarrassed and disgusted.

You're new... But you're right... It is hate.

As a fan, I believe that I'm due that!!

I'm not talking about the team! Of course we hate the team right now. Look at my other posts. I am talking about your blind hate for any and all things Marvin.

Marvin was not the problem tonight. JJ, Bibby, and esp J SMOOVE were the problem. We would have been better off leaving J smith at home tonight. He just let folks snatch rebounds over him, didnt run out on shooters...he was the one letting Dudley get those looks, not Marvin.

Marvin was at least trying. Smooth had that look like "F this I'm not going hard tonight"

• Premium Member

Quote:

I'm not talking about the team! Of course we hate the team right now. Look at my other posts. I am talking about your blind hate for any and all things Marvin.

Marvin was not the problem tonight. JJ, Bibby, and esp J SMOOVE were the problem. We would have been better off leaving J smith at home tonight. He just let folks snatch rebounds over him, didnt run out on shooters...he was the one letting Dudley get those looks, not Marvin.

Marvin was at least trying. Smooth had that look like "F this I'm not going hard tonight"

The way we played tonight, i wouldn't say that anybody was trying.

This is ridiculous. People fighting over which player sucks. I go with effort right now since nobody is doing a damn thing. Tonight I saw Josh Smith give no effort or play with fundamental patience. He would not run out on a shooter for his life.

Quote:

Quote:

Marvin isn't the problem...

Joe is a way bigger joke than marvin.

I don't know we were close...

Then Marvin comes in at the 10 minute mark in the 4th and Charlotte goes on a bigtime run!

10:03 - We're down 83-72

Zaza gets the ball in the paint (takes a dribble in traffic - wtf?) pumps twice and gets fouled. We're down 83-74.

10:02 - Marvin comes in before Zaza's foul shot, Zaza makes it, we're down 83-75.

Next possession: Felton brings it down, milks the clock, Marvin's on Carroll in the corner near the Bobcats bench, we're plying man to man. Okafor sets a high pick for Felton (on JJ) and Felton drives to the side of the court opposite of the Cats bench while Carroll swings around the perimeter to the wing near the Cats bench pulling Marvin with him.

Felton pulls out and Okafor sets another screen near the elbow, Zaza bits on the roll, Bibby's closest to Felton and doesn't help, JJ can't get to him in time, Felton drains a 3 with the shot clock down to 5. Marvin's man never got the ball nor was he close enough to the ball to allow Marvin to help.

9:38 - 86-75

Next possession: Bibby to Marvin to JJ to Josh or an easy bucket that hits the net with 10 left on the clock. God stuff.

9:21 - 86-77

Next possession: Carroll's again in the corner near the Cats bench, Felton takes his time on the wing near the Cats bench, Okafor goes to set a screen on JJ, JS is at the elbow opposite the Cats bench with Dudley out on that wing behind the 3 point line. Josh leans towards the screening action focused on what Felton's gonna do, Felton drives toward Josh as Okafor rolls to the block, Felton passes to Dudley for an open 3. Josh doesn't even extend his arm. Marvin's man never got the ball nor was he close enough to the ball at any point to allow Marvin to help.

9:06 - 89-77

Next possession: Classic Hawks ball - JJ does some fancy dribbling on the wing near the Hawks bench as the shot clock runs, Zaza attempts a couple moving screens, JJ dribbles into Okafor. Meanwhile Marvin's in the corner near the Hawks bench waiting for a kickout (with Feton on him - isn't that a matchup that we'd want to exploit?), Bibby's on the opposite wing looking for a kickout, JS's on the opposite block waiting for a drive and dish or a missed shot. JJ passes to Bibby who takes a 3 with Boykins hand in his face, the ball comes back towards Bibby/Boykins, over Zaza's late hand right into Boykins hands. He catches and sprints in one motion with everyone behond him but Bibby, and takes Bibby to the rack. Marvin and JS trail back but couldn't catch up with Boykins.

8:42 - 91-77

We call a TO at 8:34 to reset.

So the "run" you describe is a HUGE 3 point swing, during which the only time Marvin touched the ball something good happened, and during which all of the Cats points could be blamed on every guy on the floor other than Zaza and Marvin.

So....what was you point?

Now, Marvin's done plenty lately worthy of criticism, and I'm fine with that. I just can't stand reading posts blaming everything on Marvin when the rest of the team deserves at least their share of the blame.

• Premium Member

Quote:

This is ridiculous. People fighting over which player sucks. I go with effort right now since nobody is doing a damn thing. Tonight I saw Josh Smith give no effort or play with fundamental patience. He would not run out on a shooter for his life.

I had never seen Smoove play like that. Ever... He is clearly laying down for Woodson.

Quote:

Quote:

I had never seen Smoove play like that. Ever... He is clearly laying down for Woodson.

Smoove signing with this mess of a team would be insanity.