• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Houston vs. Atlanta game thread

oiatlhawksfan

You won't find a single player on the Rockets who would agree with you. Battier is probably the most underrated player in the league. One of the best wing defenders in the league, highly intelligent, doesn't need plays run for him, and can shoot from anywhere. Gay is a terrific player but Battier is a much better fit for the Rockets.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

Quote:

he is already way better then Marvin Williams in his 3rd year.

haha nobody said anything about Marvin. It was Battier vs Gay.

I know im just saying people rave about good Marvin will be this and that and Im saying that Gay is already way better then Marvin in his 2nd year I would love to him over clumsy Marvin.

This is the best I have seen us play defensively in a long time. We are playing the passing lanes and staying on our men very tight. If we can just get our offense going we will be okay. It looks like it will be a very low scoring game.

Quote:

You won't find a single player on the Rockets who would agree with you. Battier is probably the most underrated player in the league. One of the best wing defenders in the league, highly intelligent, doesn't need plays run for him, and can shoot from anywhere. Gay is a terrific player but Battier is a much better fit for the Rockets.

U r right, I don't think Gay would be playing as much in Houston.

part of why Gay has developed so much is because he is the man on his team whereas Marvin has been the 3rd option at best for the Hawks his whole career. I don't think he is as good of a player overall as Gay is but he would be further along if he was on the Grizzlies.

ill tell how you he is way better his jumper is much more consistent then Marvins. He is pretty good 3 point shooter with very good range has marvin even made a 3 pointer this year. Gay is a better defender is avging nearly 20 points a game in only his 2nd season in the NBA. Gay has low post moves and is really good driver/slasher unlike Marvin who is a clumsy dufus mess the guy has to be top 3 clumiest players in the nba. Gay is freakish atheltic beast who can do so many things so well. IMO is light years ahead of Marvin Williams has an NBA player.

Quote:

Marvin looks absolutely awful tonight. He needs to stop trying to dribble because it's not working. Sit out there and shoot your medium range jumper or replace him in the lineup with Chillz.

Well Chillz hasn't been good either, 3 fouls in 4 minutes.

Hawks need to keep feeding Joe until someone gets hot. Bibby needs to penetrate and get guys ez baskets the guy just settles for jump shots. Smoove has 11 rebounds in the 1st half I bet thats a career high for him in the 1st half. He looks like he is really going after all the rebounds tonight I been wanting him to do that for the longest time.