• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

For those of you who wanted to pick up Spree...

dickaufan12

ESPN Radio reported earlier that the Celtics and the Knicks are in very serious talks to execute a trade involving Antoine Walker and Latrell Spreewell. No other players were specifically reported as part of the trade, as it is just a report thus far, but I would assume that since the trade is yet to be done, that there will be other players involved, instead of a 1-for-1 trade.

Looks like we have may have missed our chance on this one. However, that might be a good thing.

Nah, think aobut it. One, Spree can move to his natural position of sg and Pierce can move to his more natural (though he's truly a swing man) of sf. Gone is the incessant 3pt bombing (though their will still be plenty). Now they can start looking for a pf without having to wonder if Walker is a sf or a pf...they can find a utility pf that will sit in the lane. I can't remember who they drafted and don't feel like looking it up, so I don't know how those guys will fit into things.

Plus, Boston does what Diesel has talked about with Reef...avoiding the situation before it comes to a head. It's Pierce's team, that's certain, but with Walker's contract coming up soon, they were going to have to negotiate something...and neither party would be happy with the results. Now they get someone who's more used to being a role player, albeit a very good one, and add a little bit of defense to their team, of which their was previously none.

It's really pretty smart of Boston, esp. if they can get one of the pf's that NY picked up in the draft (perhaps the number nine...I'd really have to look at roster and draft picks to figure it all out).

But it's really a smart plan by Boston. They knwo that the team, as built, isn't truly oging to contend. It needed to be shaken up, despite their recent success...sorta like what the Hawks did the late 90's...except we didn't retain a borderline superstar franchise player...we gambled on one and lost, big time. That won't happen in Boston cause Pierce isn't going anywhere.

The Spree I see will be 33 when the season starts and is nowhere near the athlete he once was. The Spree I see scored 3 ppg less last year (16.4) than he did the previous year and shot more perimeter shots rather than aggressively going to the basket.

Walker had a down season (even though he was an All Star) and he still scored almost 4 ppg more than Spree, grabbed 4 rbg more than Spree and had more assists than Spree. Plus, he's only 27 to Spree's 33. Walker was out of shape last year but he can get in shape and regain his form. He should be in his prime right now. On the otherhand, Spree is past his prime.

If Boston wants to move Walker, I have no problem with that. What I have a problem with is moving him for Spree. I would have NO fear of a Spree/Pierce combo and yet the Pierce/Walker combo has destroyed us for years. That being said, I hope Boston does do that deal!

You mentioned the possibility of Boston getting one of NY's picks (Sweetney and Lampe) in the deal. If NY could get Sweetney AND Spree, the deal makes a WHOLE lot more sense. I'd do that in a heartbeat because Sweentey would give Boston some inside toughness.

Boston got Marcus Banks and the highschool kid Perkins in the draft. Banks, Spree, Pierce, Sweetney and Battie would be pretty good.

Trace,

I don't think Walker is a good player in the least.

It isn't that he doesn't have the talent. It isn't that he couldn't be one of the best.

It is that he has no IQ. He is completely selfish. He is basically a moron.

While he did score more than Spree.. I would like to see the number of shots it took him to do it. His % was less than 40% for most of the year ... I don't know what it ended up being.

He is WAY overrated if you ask me.

Play.

• Premium Member

My guess is that the deal will be:

Delk/Walker/Williams to NY

Spree/Thomas/Harrington to Boston.

NY would probably play Walker as SF (More natural).

Delk/Houston/Walker/Sweetney/Vranes

Banks/Spree/Pierce/Thomas/Battie

If we wanted Delk/Walker/Williams... I'm sure NY would listen if we were offering Dickau/Grob/Nazr.

Ward/Houston/Grob/Sweetney/Nazr.

Even Harrington would help them on the interior off the bench. That is a MUCH better deal than giving up Walker for Spree straight up.

I'd do your deal of Nazr/Dog/DD for Walker/Williams/Delk as well. I'd put Walker in at SF and let him play like a point forward. I'd bench his a$$ if he started taking too many 3's and make him work on getting Reef and JT involved in the offense. Williams would be a nice fit off the bench and Delk and JT could play together at times. In addition, Williams $5 millon+ salary comes off the books next year so the luxury tax hit would not be as great the following year.