• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

The highest draft pick for Marvin by trade?

Brotha2ThaNite

What is the highest draft pick you guys think we could get for Marvin.

Why? I have been looking to see where Roy Hibbert may fall. Boy did he really lose money. The highest I see him going at this point is 12th to the Nets. Which is not going to happen. Net have too many C now. Well if we take Diop from them I guess they would need Roy. grin.gif

Again Roy really hurt his pockets. We were going to get him at 3 last year. The only think will help him go up the chart is that Georgetown wins the NCAA Finals.

Looks like Roy will fall to the 2nd round. GT was taking out to day by Davidson. LOL

I would love that Stephen Curry kid from Davidson. He is the son of Dell Curry, one of my favorite players when

he play with the Hornets. Stephen Curry shot better then his dad and that is saying a lot. He is only a 6'3" SG but he shots 49% FG and 45% 3FG! He would be a perfect bench player for the Hawks.

Now that I have had some time to think about this maybe I was hoping for too much for Marvin. The guy is obviously washed up at 22 and clearly won't get any better, I mean almost all players hit their peak by 22 and only get worse so why should we expect him to be any different.

Let's just buy Marvin out so he can sign with an NBDL team and we can move on.

Quote:

do we really need another undersize chucker??

The Curry kid is a special player. I think he stays one more year to work on his PG skills.

Depending who is declaring Milwaukee #8 or Charlotte pick #9. These two have been interested in the past.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Let's just buy Marvin out so he can sign with an NBDL team and we can move on.

See, I don't see him as being willing to take a buyout. He knows no other team wants him, so he's going to want all of next year's salary guaranteed.

Quote:

do we really need another undersize chucker??

I hope you are joking, right? If not, you have not been watching basketball very long. I SAID THE KID SHOTS 49% FGs. That is like big man %, i.e. someone who gets a lot of layups and dunks. Curry shot mostly jumpers! That is crazy % for a jump shooter. They also, just noted that Curry has don't something only Wilt Chamberlain and Oscar Robertson. Now that is not your "undersize chucker"

sorry but you guys are absolutely retarded there are plenty of guys that would love this guy he will never be a defensive catylyst but i still see him eventualy being a jamison type guy hibbert would be awesome for this team but thaabeet would be much better

I believe Salim shot 50% FG and 50% 3FG in his senior year at Arizona.

At 6-3 and a SG, Curry better be a top 5 talent, for him to be effective on the pro level. He will have a chance to keep raising his stock, if he keeps playing the way he's playing.

As a 6-3 SG, you almost have to be a super freak type athlete, like a Monta Ellis, or ultra-strong like Ben Gordon. Curry has heart though, and the ability to create his own shot. The guys that can create their own shot, have at least a chance to make a pro team like Salim did. Chris Lofton at Tennessee, almost has no shot on the next level, as a 6-2 SG.

As for Hibbert, no way he drops out of the top 10. Teams just covet big men too much, to let him slide like that. He might even go top 5. Memphis definitely takes Hibbert. Seattle takes either he or Rose.

Quote:

I believe Salim shot 50% FG and 50% 3FG in his senior year at Arizona.

At 6-3 and a SG, Curry better be a top 5 talent, for him to be effective on the pro level. He will have a chance to keep raising his stock, if he keeps playing the way he's playing.

As a 6-3 SG, you almost have to be a super freak type athlete, like a Monta Ellis, or ultra-strong like Ben Gordon. Curry has heart though, and the ability to create his own shot. The guys that can create their own shot, have at least a chance to make a pro team like Salim did. Chris Lofton at Tennessee, almost has no shot on the next level, as a 6-2 SG.

As for Hibbert, no way he drops out of the top 10. Teams just covet big men too much, to let him slide like that. He might even go top 5. Memphis definitely takes Hibbert. Seattle takes either he or Rose.

Curry will be a very good player. I he will Mos Def make the bench player as 6th man. He may even be a starter. I don't see why not. His father was a starter on that Hornets team that had Larry Johnson and Zo. His Father at the time he was in the league was noted as one of the best shooters in the game. I have no dout Curry will be just as good. His father was his teacher. The guy grew up around the game. He is very smart.

Quote:

Salim's cousin is Damon, who was also THREE INCHES shorter than Salim, and he was an All-Star point guard. He played on great Portland teams that went deep into the playoffs but couldn't get past the mighty lakers.

Cousin and father is not the same. lol

I'm not saying Salim is not that good either. With Mike Woodson as his coach. There is no telling how much talent we have on out team. We will never find out until we get a new coach or they go to a team where a coach can coach up their talent.

Back to the original question at hand, I think we could probably get a late-ish lottery pick for Marvin now. Maybe a #11 or so. About what we could've gotten before the last draft, but far less than we could've gotten after the first two months of the season when he was playing much better.

I have mixed feelings about Brooke Lopez. He's athletic and is a very effective defender, but his rebounding is just average. He's got some sweet offensive moves, but his shooting percentage is nowhere near what it should be for a player of his size and athleticism. I could see him being a very mediocre off-the-bench pro but could also see him being a very good pro.