• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Eddie Jones's contract

KB21

This is the guy Diesel is constantly coming up with bad trade ideas to get. A player that will be 32 in October, hasn't played a full season in 3 years, and is obviously on the downside of his career. This is what his contract will pay him over the next four years:

2003-2004: $12,320,000

2004-2005: $13,440,000

2005-2006: $14,560,000**

2006-2007: $15,680,000

**player's option

Any deal for Eddie Jones will kill the forseeable future of this team.

• Premium Member

The trade that I proposed was under the condition...

That if JT gets a contract offer that's too much that we try to work a SNT that relieves us of Hendu's contract as well.

However, let's look at what's realistic....

What I'm saying is that if JT is going to Miami, we work out a SNT that gets us SOMETHING instead of NOTHING.

That something is a 32 year old SG who plays good defense, has good size and Can SHOOT and still score between 16-18 a night.

Compare that to what we have in JT now? Yes he's fast and he can shoot but he doesn't play good defense and he has terrible size for a SG.

So if you want to do the comparison, put all the cards on the table.

JT(SNT)/Hendu for Jones.

and that's only if Miami puts up an offer that we deem to be too much to match. Unlike some of you, I'm not willing to give JT too much, I mean an incredibly stupid thing for us to do is a deal like somebody mentioned 7 years 70 million? Stupid.

doing a sign and trade for Eddie Jones. If JT walks, we can go into 05/06 with only Nazr and Diaw under contract for that upcoming season. Why pay Eddie Jones more than $15 million in 05/06 when we can use that caproom to start over? In fact, we'd be better off signing JT to a 7 yr /$70 million deal than signing and trading hm for Jones. We'd still have more caproom in 05/06 by doing that because JT woould be making $5 million less in 05/06 than Jones will anyway. By the way, Hendu coming off the books means nothing because we won't be below the cap until 05/06 when he comes off our rolls anyway.

• Premium Member

You act like 05/06 will be some sort of saving grace? In 05/06, we will be starting over again. And if JT is signed to a Long term big money contract, that means that we will still be trying to fit a team around him? I hope but I don't think that SAR will take a pay cut to stay with a losing team. As long as we play JT as a PG, that's what we will be.