• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sekou says Raps will protest

NJHAWK

Quote:

I knew it. It's gonna happen...

Linky

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...ksnot_0403.html

The ASG have the mob working the clocks. lol

I just replayed the TJ shot... and the scores clock tell you the truth. TJ caught the ball. The clock was at .5 started. The ball was out of TJ's hand with .1 sec.

BELIEVE ME I PUT MY DVR ON SUPER SLOW MOTION.

The good thing is that the Hawks will not blow the shot again if we have to replay...

The bad thing is they may not replay but take a future draft pick.

Quote:

Quote:

I knew it. It's gonna happen...

Linky

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...ksnot_0403.html

The ASG have the mob working the clocks. lol

I just replayed the TJ shot... and the scores clock tell you the truth. TJ caught the ball. The clock was at .5 started. The ball was out of TJ's hand with .1 sec.

BELIEVE ME I PUT MY DVR ON SUPER SLOW MOTION.

The good thing is that the Hawks will not blow the shot again if we have to replay...

The bad thing is they may not replay but take a future draft pick.

You have to look at the clock above the backboard...NOT the TV scorebaord. Either way, they already reviewed it when it happened. PLUS its a game official that started the clock, not a Hawks employee this time. I can't see this being overturned.

They won't be taking any future pick. They will likely give the Raptors this game though. This should go down as human error. We know damn well if this happen to the Hakws. NBA would say oh well and that would be it. Seeing as this went toward the Hawks favor. NBA can't be having the Hawks get any breaks.

Quote:

The TV clock is NOT the official one. We need to see the one above the rim.

You are not getting my point. .5 sec is .5 sec.

I was looking at the scorers clock which shows the ball out of TJ hand in .1 sec. He had the ball in his hand a total of .4 sec.

Raptor fans saw the clock above the rim which stared .1 sec early... meaning TJ got the ball in his hand when that clock hit .4 not .5 sec. This is why it looks like the ball never left his hand going by the rim clock, BECAUSE THE total time the ball was in his hand was .4 sec.

I hope you get it now. lol

Quote:

Quote:

The TV clock is NOT the official one. We need to see the one above the rim.

You are not getting my point. .5 sec is .5 sec.

Actually, the NBA doesn't use hundredths of seconds so 0.5 seconds could be anywhere from .41 - .50 seconds, that's a big difference.

Quote:

I was looking at the scorers clock which shows the ball out of TJ hand in .1 sec. He had the ball in his hand a total of .4 sec.

Raptor fans saw the clock above the rim which stared .1 sec early... meaning TJ got the ball in his hand when that clock hit .4 not .5 sec. This is why it looks like the ball never left his hand going by the rim clock, BECAUSE THE total time the ball was in his hand was .4 sec.

Yes, but the rim clock is the clock that they go by. Since the red light on the backboard was red before the ball was out of his hands, the shot did not count. That extra 0.1 - 0.9 seconds that he would've had may or may not have made a difference, the NBA has to take that into account.

Why shouldn't they. Miami did. If the protest is not upheld and that .5 second left in the

game not replayed, they will sue for the NBA supporting the Heat and not them.

I don't believe they can change the outcome of the game. They will have to replay that .5 second.

doh.gif One thing they will have to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, for me anyway,

is that the Atlanta player who jumped at the inbound pass, did not touch the ball.

We know he didn't deflect the pass, but he only has to touch it with the very tip of one

finger. Did he or didn't he? PROVE IT.

If he touched it, THAT is when the clock starts, not when the shooter touches it.

Finally, the OFFICIAL clock was started by the official on the floor, not the Hawks

timekeeper. .1 of a second too soon? Really?

But, the protest will be upheld. After all, we are the Hawks and we're not supposed

to be here, winning. What were we thinking? Now the question is, when will the

replay of the final .5 seconds occur? Can we get tickets? It will have to be held

in Atlanta, I suppose. Will it be on TV?

OK. Maybe they just give them the goal and the game. Wouldn't THAT stink!!

Interesting.

I was actually surprised that the play could not be run successfully in .5 seconds, which supports that the clock started early. But the Miami protest was upheld because the Hawks scorers miscounted Shaq's fouls after the Hawks scorers had previously not counted a TJ Ford layup in an earlier game.

Here, the officials may have started the clock early AND the officials waved off the basket after an official review AND their decision did not decide the game, it was conservative in that it left the game to be decided in OT. The Miami protest punished the Hawks for our scorers ineptitude and fined the Hawks. The Hawks are not at fault here, if anyone is it's the refs, and it was an understandable mistake (can't imagine trying to start the clock perfectly while watching for fouls, etc. all within .5 seconds to decide a game), not a mistake that looks like they were trying to fix the game, which Toronto might easily have won in OT as far as they knew. Refs make mistakes that impact every game (missed calls, tic tac fouls, etc.) and those are not overturned. It would be Pandora's box to start here. Maybe they should look at improved ref procedures to address future games, but overturning this one would be stupid.

Quote:

doh.gif
One thing they will have to prove, beyond a shadow of a doubt, for me anyway,

is that the Atlanta player who jumped at the inbound pass, did not touch the ball.

We know he didn't deflect the pass, but he only has to touch it with the very tip of one

finger. Did he or didn't he? PROVE IT.

If he touched it, THAT is when the clock starts, not when the shooter touches it.

Finally, the OFFICIAL clock was started by the official on the floor, not the Hawks

timekeeper. .1 of a second too soon? Really?

I saw that too. Horford was guarding the inbound pass and he looked like he may have touched the ball. Maybe that is what the ref saw and that is why he started the clock. If that is the case, then he started the clock LATE rather then early.

No way this game is over played. Its a game run by humans who's reflexes are "human." Even if a Hawk employee's reflex was .01 of a second off that is way different then losing a foul count on a guy like Shaq. That is a true mental error the other is the nature of human reflexes.

Can the Hawks go back and challenge that the clock was stopped to early after Bibby made the 3 to tie ? or....like you said.......Horfod may have touched the ball on the inbounds pass.

Raptors need to get over it. They had 5 minutes in over time to win the game.