• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Well Well Well

Johnnybravo4

As long as Salim plays an all around game instead of just chucking shots, he can and will help this team out tremendously come playoff time. He draws so much attention everytime he is open for three(note Bob and Smitty pointed out he has the only 4 point plays in Atlanta Hawk history, with 2 at that) that he has free reign to fake and drive past his man through the lane. The question is can he make the quick decision to go for the basket or pass to an open guy. If he can just play within that gameplan, it takes alot of pressure off of Chill to be the only bench contributer.

Quote:

By the way, Salim's game was pretty much identical to Acie's game the night before.

No it wasn't. Salim was a huge threat from outside which allowed him to get into the lane and make a few nice dishes. Salim also hit a three and was fouled on another and made 3 FT's. Quit talking out of your ass.

Quote:

Quote:

By the way, Salim's game was pretty much identical to Acie's game the night before.

No it wasn't. Salim was a huge threat from outside which allowed him to get into the lane and make a few nice dishes. Salim also hit a three and was fouled on another and made 3 FT's. Quit talking out of your ass.

I just looked it up: 4 more points, 1 more turnover, same number of assists in 2 more minutes.

Huge difference there. I agree that Salim should get more minutes than Acie at this point in the season, but JB's claim that his Salim advice was some kind of game deciding factor is laughable at best.

grin.gif

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I just looked it up: 4 more points, 1 more turnover, same number of assists in 2 more minutes.

Huge difference there. I agree that Salim should get more minutes than Acie at this point in the season, but JB's claim that his Salim advice was some kind of game deciding factor is laughable at best.

grin.gif

It doesn't matter in the bigger picture, however, did you see how the hawks look w/o a PG out there? Don't let one game fool you...

Mr. Savage the point is this. If we played a zone on Fri, we likely could have pulled the game out. It is an indictment on Woodson that he didn't discover until Sat what I brought up at 1pm on Fri....and I never played basketball past 9th grade.

And on Salim. It is not that I think that he is the second coming of Mark Price, but what I do know is that Acie has been uneffective since the All-star break and if we have to rest Mike Bibby, Salim is a much better option than Acie, yet it took Woodson 3 months to figure that out.

the problem is Salim IS NOT a PG. He is a 6' tall shooting guard. For the sake of the the team's future we NEED to develop Acie into a good backup for Bibby. Acie is our PG of the future and needs to be groomed accordingly. Playing Salim at this point is OK for the shot term but not for the long term.

Quote:

the problem is Salim IS NOT a PG. He is a 6' tall shooting guard. For the sake of the the team's future we NEED to develop Acie into a good backup for Bibby. Acie is our PG of the future and needs to be groomed accordingly. Playing Salim at this point is OK for the shot term but not for the long term.

THANK YOU! Someone gets it. If Woodson continues to ignore Acie, when Bibby is shipped off at the end of the season next year, we will be right back where we started pre-Bibby--a team without a decent PG. We need to be developing Acie so he will be ready in the long term. I like getting Salim minutes, but he and Acie should have been rotated in and out together with consistent minutes throughout the season instead of relying on JJ (and now Bibby) to play 40+ mins every night.

Quote:

Quote:

THANK YOU! Someone gets it. If Woodson continues to ignore Acie, when Bibby is shipped off at the end of the season next year, we will be right back where we started pre-Bibby--a team without a decent PG. We need to be developing Acie so he will be ready in the long term. I like getting Salim minutes, but he and Acie should have been rotated in and out together with consistent minutes throughout the season instead of relying on JJ (and now Bibby) to play 40+ mins every night.

I agree with one asterisk . . . until this team clinches the playoffs, either Acie or Salim's playing time must be limited according to their effectiveness. By that, I mean that if they enter a game with a comfortable margin, I'm okay if the margin (a) increases, (b) is maintined, or © slides marginally while staying comfortable. If they come in and a comfortable lead evaporates due to turnovers or ineffective offense including rushed shots, I prefer JJ and Bibby playing 40 minutes plus, at least until we own the 8th seed. We see sporadically adequate play from both Acie and Salim, but neither has been consistent enough yet to risk the playoffs on their performance. I hope the last performances by each of them, which were steady if not spectacular, become something we can count on. I don't expect them to play perfect, mistake-free ball, just to hold the line at a minimum.

The whole team seems to be learning to play with the big boys during this last stretch, Acie and Salim included. I'm rooting for them to keep it up into the playoffs and next season.