• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Signs that Billy Knight is a dumbass.....

flava

A quote from this morning's article on DerMarr....

----------------------------------------------------

Hawks director of basketball operations and interim general manager Billy Knight said he never offered Johnson a spot on the Hawks summer league team, feeling that it was best for Johnson to see all that is available to him.

"Sometimes it's good for a guy to have a change of scenery to get refreshed and invigorated," Knight said.

----------------------------------------------------

Maybe the same should be said for Knight!

flava

Knight's just saying what he think is "politically correct". The truth of the matter is the Hawks don't have much money to spend until the new ownership comes in and he wasn't ready to offer any money to a guy who had a broken neck some 10months ago.

Knight is taking the right approach on this. Instead of giving DerMarr the $3.1 million that Pete said he would give to him if healthy, Knight is letting the market dictate DerMarr's value. I think there is a better chance that DerMarr comes back to Atlanta at their price than there is of him getting a $3 million a season deal somewhere else.

The Grizzlies won't sign him. They have 6 guards under guaranteed contracts right now. They aren't going to guarantee another.

true, but i do hate those politically correct comments... i do like to see dermarr still say he plays for the Hawks...

i hope he comes back to us.. as a Hawks fan, you worry that when players like dj, jt, or sar leave, they're going to blow up because the organization itself is better as a whole..

please make this da.mn sale go thru...

he didn't even invite DerMarr to be on our Summer Team. if you want to give the guy a chance to prove his worth, why not do it on the team that invested a NUMBER SIX draft pick on the guy.

DerMarr even says himself, "I still tell people I play for the Hawks".

We didn't even invite the guy - and our GM comes right out and says it!

doesn't seem like the soundest logic to me...

flava

If the Hawks had wanted DJ on their summer squad, they could have played him at SF, Diaw at SG and DD at PG. DJ played SF during last year's summer league and Glover played SG.

I think the Hawks are genuinely concerned about DJ's health and honestly, I think they were afraid to be the first ones to allow DJ back on the court for fear that he might get hurt. In addition, they are not sure what their salary cap situation is going to be and they can't even CONSIDER signing DJ to anything more than the minimum until the JT thing is firmed up.