• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

game might be blacked out on tnt

PureGreatness

Quote:

I guarantee that more cable outlets carry TNT rather than Sportsouth. It won't be blacked out.

I realize that, but if you have SportSouth there is no need for TNT to show it in your area because ratings will clash. I'd rather watch it on TNT myself but it looks like we're gonna get the hometown broadcast.

Quote:

Well why would there even be a SportSouth listing for the game then?

If you see Hawks live on SportSouth starting at 7 pm cdt or 8 pm edt, that may be an indication on where the game will be in your area.

Because for the first round, they allow local cable affiliates to carry the games as well. For example, here in PA, Comcast Sports Net in Philly is showing the 76ers game. You can get the local announcers. You have a choice. NBA has been this way for a few years.

But what so I know? I only work for the cable company.

Quote:

Quote:

I only work for the cable company.

Hmmm, I thought you were the spokesman for well know Beer company.

Oh well...

Like I could speak for only ONE beer company!

Man am I already drunk for this game!

Quote:

Because for the first round, they allow local cable affiliates to carry the games as well. For example, here in PA, Comcast Sports Net in Philly is showing the 76ers game. You can get the local announcers. You have a choice. NBA has been this way for a few years.

But what so I know? I only work for the cable company.

OK.

I guess here in Tennessee, we'll get the TNT broadcast only, because SportSouth is currently showing the U. of Tennessee Orange and White spring football game. It's only in the 2nd quarter right now and won't be over before the Hawks game starts.

That means the people in the "local" Hawks area should get their choice of SportSouth or TNT.

Good thing I live here. laugh.gif

That being said...I'll be watching the TNT feed. As much as I love Rathbun & Smitty, I just wanna see my boys on the national feed, and see what the rest of the nation's seeing.

Hopefully it won't be a complete embarrassment on our part.