• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

game might be blacked out on tnt

PureGreatness

Yeah I had a feeling that seeing the Hawks on National TV in the playoffs would have been too good to be true.

THis is unreal.

Do other teams broadcast playoff games locally or are we the only freaking team that would do something like that????

I mean I love Bob Rathbun and Steve Smith but this is the Playoffs!

I want it to FEEL like a playoff game with the presentation of TNT and the commentators who are forced to cover our team

Geez this would/will suck

I can't imagine that would actually happen. I saw the Spurs game earlier and the Rockets game will be on later and either of those could have been blacked out here in Houston but they aren't. I don't think I've ever heard of a nationally televised playoff game being blacked out so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, I don't think that blackout rules apply to the city of the road team since you obviously cannot be expected to be at the game in Boston.

Quote:

I can't imagine that would actually happen. I saw the Spurs game earlier and the Rockets game will be on later and either of those could have been blacked out here in Houston but they aren't. I don't think I've ever heard of a nationally televised playoff game being blacked out so I wouldn't worry about it. Also, I don't think that blackout rules apply to the city of the road team since you obviously cannot be expected to be at the game in Boston.

You make great points.

But never rule out anything in this crazy city

Quote:

Yes, I can't ever recall a Braves' playoff game on ESPN ever being blacked out.

A blackout wouldn't make much sense...since both TNT and SportSouth are cable channels. You either have both or you have neither.

SportsSouth isn't showing the game.

http://www.directv.com/DTVAPP/epg/theGuide.jsp

I think it will be on TNT, no problem.

Quote:

i looked at the schedule tomarrow and sportsouth will have our game but when i looked at the tnt schedule they didnt have it listed, instead it had a blank then had inside the nba. so our games might be blacked out on tnt...damn

Guys, at the very least, it'll only be a re-transmitted broadcast - meaning SportSouth may broadcast it, but it will be TNT's coverage. Which is no different than when TBS used to retransmit the Braves' post-season coverage by ESPN. Turner Sports has rights to this game, not FOX. Although I don't think it'll even be re-transmitted on SportSouth because both are cable networks.

I thought Hoodstar was going crazy when I read this yesterday, until about 20 minutes ago.

I'm 300 miles away from ATL, and here's what my cable listings says:

It's saying that tonight's game will be shown on BOTH TNT and SportSouth.

But get this.

The current game being played right now between the Braves and the Dodgers is also listed as being shown on BOTH TBS and SportSouth . . .

. . . but the TBS broadcast of the game is BLACKED OUT.

Here's exactly what it says on TBS on the screen:

"Due to Major League Baseball requirements, tonight's Dogers vs Braves game has been blacked out in the LOCAL area. Scheduled programming will resume at the conclusion of the game"

So i think there is a possibility that tonight's game may indeed be shown on SportSouth to some of us in the South, whether it be to you guys in Metro ATL or to those of us around the rest of the South. If you don't get SportSouth, you'll definitely see the game on TNT.

The question is, will somebody get to see a simucast of the game on 2 networks, or will you get to see only one network, which might be SportSouth, depending where you live.

I have to say this though. Game 5 of Nashville vs Detroit, which was scheduled to possibly be shown on Versus, was shown on FSN South instead . . with the regular Predators announcers doing the game, along with FSN South graphics.

Even though I'm in Tennessee, I am considered to be in the "local" area coverage of Braves baseball, with only the Nashville Predators getting priority over the Braves when they are scheduled to be shown on FSN South. This is why one of the networks for today's Braves game isn't showing anything.

Now during the season, my cable listing routinely showed that the Hawks games would be shown on FSN South, but I never get that game. I only get the SportSouth Hawk games ( about 70% of the time, with the chance of seeing a Mon - Thur Hawk game on SportSouth being at 50% ). To see FSN South Hawk games, I have to go to a sportsbar or watch the game online.

For all of you in the ATL metro area right now, check and see if the Braves game is being shown on BOTH TBS and SPORTSOUTH. If it is, there may be a chance that you'll get BOTH the TNT and SportSouth coverage. I know for Tennessee Titan home Monday night football games, the game will be shown on both a local channel, and on ESPN. This may be the case tonight.

For those of us outside ATL, I think one of the channels will be blacked out.

This will be interesting. It would suck if some of us couldn't see the TNT broadcast. But I think this may happen to somebody tonight.

Seems kinda pointless to have 2 broadcasts on in the same area. I'm guessing if you get SportSouth you won't get the TNT broadcast. Sucks. It's not the same as WGN because not all cable companies carry WGN.

Seriously. It is a TNT game that is a national game and is in Boston. No games are on opposite of each other. The Braves already won. This will never be blacked out regardless of any programming or attendance.

Just fear mongering. Relax, peeps.