• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Mike Fratello

KB21

Mike was talking about Doc Rivers during the game last night. Mike said that when they got Doc out of Marquette, he was just a very good guard prospect. Mike said that Doc became a very good point guard in the NBA.

Mike did a great job of identifying and setting the roles for his players back then. Dominique was the star attraction - the guy the Hawks could isolate and get points. Doc Rivers was the team leader - the guy that made everything come together. Randy Wittman was the spot up jump shooter that could nail the open jumper after teams ran two men at Dominique. Kevin Willis and Tree Rollins were the big, interior, tough guys that could defend and rebound without demanding the ball on offense.

Of the bench, Atlanta had the offensive spark plug in Spud Webb. Spud would actually come in and let Doc play the shooting guard position some during the games. John Battle was a solid defender off the bench. Cliff Levingston and Antoine Carr were essentially starters coming off the bench. Carr could play power forward and center while Levingston could play power forward and small forward.

I remember those teams quite well. The most exciting and best Hawks team of our generation.

You forgot John Koncack LOL. Had we not matched Detroit's offer and allowed them to sign him to that mega contract they may have never made their run of 2 champioships. It may have cost them 2 out of Salley, Aguire, V. Johnson, or Rodman (salary wise with their future contracts). That Pistons team was one of the deepest teams I can remember. Havin John the Contract Koncack could have changed history. Meanwhile that money could have brought in real talent for us and who knows what could have happened. Oh well !

Fratello also coached the Moses Malone and Reggie Theus team too, I thought ?

After not having enough offensive weapons to help Nique' they kind of changed their identity to a more finess and offensive team....Tree Rollins was more "DONE" than Malone at that point.

I remember all our "role" players moving on and being succesful. Levingston got some championship rings with the Bulls. Carr played many a playoff series with the Jazz. I think Battle, Rollins, and Wittman both followed Fratello to the Cavs. Webb got a chance to start in Sacremento. Willis played another 10 years.

Did anyone else hear Fratello say how "Woodson will look at tape of this game and make adjustments and come up with a new gameplan? I then said to myself "boy, Fratello hasn't watched too many Hawks games this year, has he?" Please show me some evidence where Woody "made adjustments" and came up with a "new gameplan"? I am just so tired of watching Woody's incompetence.....it's utterly aggravating. The best thing about the Boston series, is that it will show the world how horrible he is. That will put more pressure on the ASG to replace his as*.

Quote:

Will Fratello be on again tonite?

Lets see if he comments on Woodson's changes and adjustments (if there are any)

I think he is doing the entire the series regardless of if its TNT or ESPN. In the 2nd round I'm guessing he teams up with Reggie Miller for a 3 man broadcast team...........

I really enjoy hearing Fratello's old 80's stories of the "good ole' days."