• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Bibby & JJ Speak in AJC

coachx

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sports/h...bibby_0422.html

Bibby speaks:

Look, it happens," Bibby said. "You bounce back next game and make sure it doesn't happen again. It was the first playoff game for a lot of these guys and it's a different game out there. But like I said [sunday] night, I take the blame for that game. I didn't get the team involved. I didn't push the ball. I wasn't aggressive myself. I was too passive and it hurt us."

"It's one game," Bibby said. "You have to take the good with the bad and move on."

JJ speaks:

experience. So I'm not going to let him take that heat alone. We've both got to bounce back, somehow and some way, and get these guys ready to go for Game 2."

I am very interested in seeing how & if Bibby bounces back. It's easy to say it , but lets see what he does on the court. He's done it before in the playoffs, so I know he can do it again.

I am more worried about guys like Smoove and Marvin, than I am about Bibby. We need the WHOLE STARTING 5 to play solid for us to have a chance.

Bibby being aggressive is the key (he admitted he was not).

When Bibby is not hitting his shots Rondo can lay off him and there is no way Bibby can get by Rondo without making Rondo respect or even FEAR his jumper. If or when Bibby can knock some shots he can then drive and create some offense to relieve some offensive pressure for the players around him.

I agree the ball movement needs to be better but both JJ and Bibby have to knock the shots created by the ball movement for it too count.

Would like to see JJ in the post and run so offense that way. It will also save his energy.

Horford is doing some dirty work inside and Marvin and Smoove were pretty aggressive. Hopfefully they can compete as a unit against these guys next game.

I think Bibby will have a much better game..he is a veteran and knows what he has to do. I expect the same kinda game JJ had in the first game again tomorrow. the double teamed him well so I dont see him going for anymore than 25 points in any of these games but I expect him to have a good overall game with 8 rebounds and 6 assist. And thats why we need JSmooth Bibby and Marvin to score some more. I hope we can win a game in Boston..that would be great!

Quote:

I think Bibby will have a much better game..he is a veteran and knows what he has to do. I expect the same kinda game JJ had in the first game again tomorrow. the double teamed him well so I dont see him going for anymore than 25 points in any of these games but I expect him to have a good overall game with 8 rebounds and 6 assist. And thats why we need JSmooth Bibby and Marvin to score some more. I hope we can win a game in Boston..that would be great!

It's obvious that teams are going to key on shutting down Bibby and JJ. If the rest of the starters don't step up, we have no chance. Horford can only do so much. We can't expect another 20 from him every night.

I just don't understand how Bibby could not have come out and played more aggressively. He knows what the playoffs are all about and he is supposed to be a veteran these young guys can look up to....and yet he basically says he didn't do what he was supposed to do? I mean it's one thing if your shot isn't dropping. It another to not give it your all. Very confusing to me his comments.