• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Avery Johnson

Yubs

With the Mavs getting destroyed in game 2 by the Hornets, and The-Hawks-Should-Have Drafted-Him-In-2005 having a monster game with 32 pts. 17 ast., the Dallas fanbase have been calling for Avery Johnson's head(well, the fans at the realgm website at least). And with last year's embarrasment and this year looking like another laugher, AJ may very well be dismissed by Cuban.

Question is, do we get him if AJ is fired and Woody is not retained? If you read some of the comments on RealGm, insults such as "Avery is an idiot," "Avery is a horrible motivator," "Avery is a poor game planner," etc. are being tossed around. Hmmm, sounds kind of familiar, don't it?

But IMO, if he is fired, I think we should definetely go for him. A change in scenery may do him some good. Look at Byron Scott. Takes the Nets to the Finals twice, and gets fired because he couldn't get the job done against a juggernaut of a Lakers team. He lands in New Orleans, and look at him now... had a rough first year or two, but now hes coasting against a supposed Dallas powerhouse and has a pretty decent chance of getting into the Finals.

I think Avery can do the same for us. Anyone else think so? Thoughts? Opinions?

Funny you post this, because I just came back from the official Falcons Board and said the following "If Dallas gets swept, I can totally see Avery getting fired...I give it better than a 50% chance." And yeah, I can see Dallas getting swept now.

I would welcome Avery...he is definitely an upgrade over Woodson.

Quote:

Funny you post this, because I just came back from the official Falcons Board and said the following "If Dallas gets swept, I can totally see Avery getting fired...I give it better than a 50% chance." And yeah, I can see Dallas getting swept now.

I would welcome Avery...he is definitely an upgrade over Woodson.

my original account got banned for nothing on there lol,i had to make a new 1

It's not Avery's fault that the Mavs are soft as hell. He didn't put that squad together or trade away their young PG or defensive center to get Kidd. The fans need to direct their anger toward Cuban and the GM. It's amazing how much better Paul is over Kidd. And watch . . Paul won't even be the starter for Team USA in China . . Kidd will . . because of seniority.

Quote:

It's not Avery's fault that the Mavs are soft as hell. He didn't put that squad together or trade away their young PG or defensive center to get Kidd. The fans need to direct their anger toward Cuban and the GM. It's amazing how much better Paul is over Kidd. And watch . . Paul won't even be the starter for Team USA in China . . Kidd will . . because of seniority.

Never thought Avery was at fault here. Theres not much Avery, or anyone else, can do about Jason Kidd's fast decline, who is showing his age out there and is straight-up getting schooled by He-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named. Not to mention the Dallas GM gutted the team's depth for said aging point gaurd.

Oh well. Cuban can go ahead and fire AJ. I would be glad for the Hawks to take him off their arms.

Quote:

Quote:

Never thought Avery was at fault here. Theres not much Avery, or anyone else, can do about Jason Kidd's fast decline, who is showing his age out there and is straight-up getting schooled by He-Who-Will-Not-Be-Named. Not to mention the Dallas GM gutted the team's depth for said aging point gaurd.

Oh well. Cuban can go ahead and fire AJ. I would be glad for the Hawks to take him off their arms. lol "YKW"

You're forgetting the fact that Avery made laughable mistakes in last year's series against Golden State. Instead of playing like the #1 seed and reigning conference champion, he got his panty's in a wad and tried to match the 8th seeds line-up and got abused. That was an all-time brain fart by a head coach.

If he's fired, it's not just because he lost this series (although they should be able to win a "soft ball" series against the Hornets). But because the Mavs would have looked clueless going back to the last few games against the Heat in that Finals and into the GS series last year and again this year. That team's standard is far greater than 55+ regular season wins.

Quote:

Quote:

and The-Bucks-Should-Have Drafted-Him-In-2005

FYP

It's about time that Milwaukee starts getting some heat with the way Paul has been playing. nah.They had TJ Ford and Maurice Williams and needed a big man.We had 30 SF and 2 PF and no PG,which we needed for years and we drafted a 31st SF that didn't even start in college over a PG that started in college even as a freshman and was a 1st team All-American and was obviously atleast a good starter.I would have even taken Raymond Felton over Marvin.but these people on here can't act like they wanted Paul all along because that's not the case.I was one of the few that wanted him back then.