• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

If Hawks get to the next round....

KDT88

Does Mike Woodson deserve to stay, and would you favor him doing so? There has been a year long (actually longer) hunger for the firing of Woodson. We plain hate the guy and we want him out regardless of what happens in the postseason...right?

Say the Hawks beat the C's and create the biggest upset in NBA history; doesn't that warrant Mikes job safety for at-least one more year?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Does Mike Woodson deserve to stay, and would you favor him doing so? There has been a year long (actually longer) hunger for the firing of Woodson. We plain hate the guy and we want him out regardless of what happens in the postseason...right?

Say the Hawks beat the C's and create the biggest upset in NBA history; doesn't that warrant Mikes job safety for at-least one more year?

I say yes because he at least is making some changes to his approach as a coach. Some of the things that we criticized him about in the past have been corrected.

Quote:

I personally think he's proven that he deserves an extension as just as this team has grown during the playoffs so has Mike. He's kept the team focused after getting blown out twice in Boston, he's made the correct adjustments and has definitely put players in a position where they can be successful. He's out coached Doc - who's considered to be one of the better coaches in the league. JJ and Josh don't deserve all of the credit for beating Boston as Coach Woody is as much responsible as they are.

Props to Woody and I for one hope he gets' that extension and would be very surprised if he didn't considering the way he has his team playing..

I'm not going to pretend to know what Mike has been telling the team to do in practices and in meetings before games, but how much of this is Mike changing his coaching style, and how much of this is the team finally doing the things Mike wants them to?

The fact is, Mike has always stressed defense. The two wins in Atlanta, the Hawks played great defense. They stayed in front of their man. They forced the Celtics into bad shots. They rebounded. They pushed the ball up the floor off key defensive stops. These are all things that Mike has been stressing ever since he got here, at least publicly.

It's almost as if the team has changed its mindset, and they are realizing what they have to do to win games in this league.

DEFEND

REBOUND

SHARE THE BALL OFFENSIVELY

PRESSURE THE OPPOSING DEFENSE BY PUSHING THE BALL OFF KEY DEFENSIVE STOPS

At the last "town hall" meeting, I got the impression that the players were down on Woody because he was not providing the inspiration coming out of the half. I wonder how much motivation he is providing the team as opposed to guys hyping it up amongst themselves. Or: the crowd.

Woody could also be blamed for the lack of adjustments, which he's corrected (as others have said). I don't know that I'm completely satisfied with him yet, but I am certainly proud of him over the last couple of games.