A Playoff Legend is born

Johnnybravo4

I remember thinking when we tied it at 79 late in the 4th that even if we lose this game, this has been simply GREAT! What a lot of heart these young guys have shown tonight by twice overcoming double digit deficits against the NBA's best team. The atmsosphere at Philips was simply electric and then JJ just went BANANAS! WOW! I don't think I've ever been more excited at a sporting event in Atlanta. The only games that come close are the Falcons beating the Rams TO DEATH in the playoffs a few years ago, the Falcons beating the 49ers at home on the way to the Super Bowl in '98 and Game 3 of this series on Saturday night!

I wasn't there in person, but to me the Braves in the early 90's were the most exciting, maybe just more nerve racking since baseball really isn't very exciting. I was at both the Falcons wins over SF the year they went to the Superbowl, to me they were more exciting than both these Hawks wins. The crowd was weirder, louder, and maybe had more fun, but they really didn't seem as excited. Mainly because you still don't really figure the Hawks can win the series. If we some how win game 5 and get a home shot at winning beating Boston, I think that game will top them all for me. Even if we don't, game 6 may still be more exciting to me than 3 and 4 were.

I was there for all of those events, including watching Marc Bulger almost die in that 2004 playoff game (the game where d*ck Stockton uttered the now-famous line of 'if this was a fight, they'd stop it'). This game was the most improbable of them all so far.

If they pulled off the improbable and came back in town up 3-2, Game 6 will be OFF THE PAGE. Can you imagine how big a grin Nique would have for this young team to repay the Celts for '88 by getting them back here for an elimination game?

Please oh please, MAKE IT SO.

Thanks for the link JB- that was a fun video to watch!

That game last night was like watching the Braves in the 1991 playoffs. They weren't supposed to be there either but took it to the Pirates.

That vid was DISGUSTING. That shake and 3 on powe brought the building down. Im just thankful i was there to witness it in person. I appreciate the heart of these young guys for giving us such great moments. I was there for the brave's worst to first season too, great times in Atlanta.