• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

U GUYS R NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ikeatlanta

We freaking send the best team in the league to the brink of elimination with a SICK young team and youre calling for wholesale changes?????????? Adding veterans like Bogut, Redd and Maggette that haven't won in their careers and also WON't win us a championship next year. If you think a team featuring Redd or any used free agent out there will win us a title then you don't watch much basketball.

the best thing is continuation. Grow gradually and learn from your mistakes. You guys say trade Bibby, but helloooo without Bibby we don't even make the playoffs. The GM and coach are learning from their mistakes so they deserve to stay. We need to resolve ownership, keep the staff for continuation and continue to develop our young players to learn how to play at a championship level with what we have. Its highly probable that one of the Josh's won't be back so we need to get a shooter and a big man, then solidify our bench.

If you notice the NBA is a business of making the playoffs every year and gradually building a championship team. With what we have we can make the playoffs every year we just need to add a little bit and let them grow to get to championship level. We smell sucess for the first time in 9yrs and now everyone wants to be greedy and win a championship next year by trading everybody and bringing in the whole Milwaukee Bucks or LA Clipper team to win a championship next year. Pathetic. Oh by the way like the Atlanta Spirit would say. BIBBY WAS GOOD FOR BUSINESS smile.gif

I for one would be very excited to see how good of a shooter Bibby would be for us after his thumb injury heals. I have heard peopl say he may need another minor surgery on it since he re-injured it while he was with us this season. I think having a close to healthy Bibby for a whole season would really help us. Also we need Acie to stay healthy as well.

Quote:

We freaking send the best team in the league to the brink of elimination with a SICK young team and youre calling for wholesale changes?????????? Adding veterans like Bogut, Redd and Maggette that haven't won in their careers and also WON't win us a championship next year. If you think a team featuring Redd or any used free agent out there will win us a title then you don't watch much basketball.

the best thing is continuation. Grow gradually and learn from your mistakes. You guys say trade Bibby, but helloooo without Bibby we don't even make the playoffs. The GM and coach are learning from their mistakes so they deserve to stay. We need to resolve ownership, keep the staff for continuation and continue to develop our young players to learn how to play at a championship level with what we have. Its highly probable that one of the Josh's won't be back so we need to get a shooter and a big man, then solidify our bench.

If you notice the NBA is a business of making the playoffs every year and gradually building a championship team. With what we have we can make the playoffs every year we just need to add a little bit and let them grow to get to championship level. We smell sucess for the first time in 9yrs and now everyone wants to be greedy and win a championship next year by trading everybody and bringing in the whole Milwaukee Bucks or LA Clipper team to win a championship next year. Pathetic. Oh by the way like the Atlanta Spirit would say. BIBBY WAS GOOD FOR BUSINESS
smile.gif

Redd would help us a lot, he probably is two years older then JJ. Bogut is 22 which is totally a vets age.

DUde i agree but you have to improve the team, Look at the Bulls for example. You would think they would be championship caliber team after making it to the playoffs the past couple of season with young players that only get better.

Quote:

DUde i agree but you have to improve the team, Look at the Bulls for example. You would think they would be championship caliber team after making it to the playoffs the past couple of season with young players that only get better.

Forreal, remember everyone saying how bright the future looks, and look at them now. We have to build on the franchise success... sometimes the team success can be limited.

Quote:

If you notice the NBA is a business of making the playoffs every year and gradually building a championship team. With what we have we can make the playoffs every year we just need to add a little bit and let them grow to get to championship level. We smell sucess for the first time in 9yrs and now everyone wants to be greedy and win a championship next year by trading everybody and bringing in the whole Milwaukee Bucks or LA Clipper team to win a championship next year. Pathetic. Oh by the way like the Atlanta Spirit would say. BIBBY WAS GOOD FOR BUSINESS
smile.gif

Eh, Redd/JJ would be up in the league as the best 2-man scoring threat. Bibby is only good because of who he took over, I have confidence that Acie could've filled that role well, except he didn't get much playing time, so now we have Bibby's contract as collateral to teams looking to dump fat ones.

I don't agree with exploding the whole team though which is why it was a small Bibby/Redd trade, but I can wholly understand why Milwaukee would tell us to stfu. I think it would be workable but I have no idea what Milwaukee would want aside from less contracts. Getting Redd wouldn't win a championship still, but I think the threat of an outside scorer + everyones playoff experience + Horford not being a rookie + Law getting more time + Andersen coming over + more rotation and experience would help us fly up the league to well over 45 wins

Quote:

Quote:

smile.gif

Eh, Redd/JJ would be up in the league as the best 2-man scoring threat. Bibby is only good because of who he took over, I have confidence that Acie could've filled that role well, except he didn't get much playing time, so now we have Bibby's contract as collateral to teams looking to dump fat ones.

I don't agree with exploding the whole team though which is why it was a small Bibby/Redd trade, but I can wholly understand why Milwaukee would tell us to stfu. I think it would be workable but I have no idea what Milwaukee would want aside from less contracts. Getting Redd wouldn't win a championship still, but I think the threat of an outside scorer + everyones playoff experience + Horford not being a rookie + Law getting more time + Andersen coming over + more rotation and experience would help us fly up the league to well over 45 wins

Getting Redd by himself would hurt us becuase there will be too many shots with one ball. JJ, Redd, will get there's, Josh Smith will get his. Marvin and Horford will be screwed and it will mess up the chemistry. This won't work, only if we get a Center it will work becuase them were complete for all of our positions. Horford will still get his. And Bogut can get boards and play defense which he is good at. That works out for the Hawks. Plus money issues of giving Redd, JJ, and Smith big money will hurt not only our bench but our stamina as well because of the season.

Quote:

Getting Redd by himself would hurt us becuase there will be too many shots with one ball. JJ, Redd, will get there's, Josh Smith will get his. Marvin and Horford will be screwed and it will mess up the chemistry. This won't work, only if we get a Center it will work becuase them were complete for all of our positions. Horford will still get his. And Bogut can get boards and play defense which he is good at. That works out for the Hawks. Plus money issues of giving Redd, JJ, and Smith big money will hurt not only our bench but our stamina as well because of the season.

I think Marvin would be more suited for the bench and Horford would still get 10 and 10 a night, and hopefully learn to clean up on rebounds. Redd and Joe would get 35mins a night and 20 points each, Smith about 30mins and maybe 20points if we're lucky. We'd have Marvin and Childress on the bench which obviously for a #2 pick in Marvin isn't the greatest result, but it's still better than some draft picks. If he can get 15 off the bench a night I'd consider him a success (which gets diminished every time Paul and Deron get better).

If Bogut came too we'd have him at C and Horf at PF, Andersen/Zaza backing up Horford. Which would probably push Smith to the bench (not sure if he'd be happy with that when he was demanding a huge contract, he seems to want to be a starter). Having a starting lineup of Law, Redd, Johnson, Smith and Horford and/or Andersen, with Childress and Marv on the bench would be good enough to get at least the second round next season.

Offtopic; I have the ESPN draft machine, it gets my hopes up for trades I know won't happen.

Edit; Also looking more into it I'd only take Redd with a contract restructure, he's taking home 15 then 17 then 18 next three seasons.

The thing is while I am extremely proud of our guys for being the story of the 1st round and pushing the Celts to 7, we weren't really close because:

-A) We were nowhere near getting homecourt advantage and we barely squeaked in by 1 game

-B) We were nowhere near winning a game on the road

There are still major, major issues here. As far as the roster go, we have tons of talent, but it's still going to take one bold trade to balance things out. I don't see that trade right now but we are still an awkward roster. We could make some noise in the East with this roster, but if our goal is to truly contend then this roster won't do. Playing your best young player out of position is not good for business. But what you don't want to do is panic.

Regardless, even to make noise in the East, I think we need a real coach. Unless Woody miraculously saw the light this postseason, I think he is actually costing us games. I think a quality coach could have had us as a 5 or 6 seed at least this year. But given the fact that we won 3 games, I can't see these guys letting Woody go even though I wish they would.

I guess there is a whole summer to lament over this, but let's just say today was a huge disappointment. I didn't need a win, but I needed much, much better than this.

I certainly don't think you can trade Bibby unless you have a proven PG. That guy maybe could've been Acie by now, but we all know what happened.

Quote:

The bulls panicked and signed Ben Wallace over Tyson Chandler. That move really paid some dividends. Not what the hawks want to do.

Panicing is signing a player on the down fall to a huge contract. Panicing would be trading for Redd without getting Bogut and being a worst mess then you started out. But getting a legit 2-5 that will contend with the Western Conf, not just the East is huge. And they are all young, Redd will be much better will JJ, Horf, and Bogut will be as well.

Quote:

Understood, but its wishful thinking if you think the Bucks are going to gut their team.

Owners wants to shred their cap hit. Their near luxury tax area and with Bogut coming up wanting max, their going to be singing a different tune.