• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK shouldn't take all the blame!!!

Wurider05

I have heard gearon and nique both say that team decisions were made collectively. Although BK signed off as GM they all made the decisions together. So while BK maybe need to take alot of the blame he shouldn't get all of it.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I have heard gearon and nique both say that team decisions were made collectively. Although BK signed off as GM they all made the decisions together. So while BK maybe need to take alot of the blame he shouldn't get all of it.

Since nobody has said it, I will say this:

BS.

BK was a maverick until his Marv mistake became evident.

Quote:

Quote:

Since nobody has said it, I will say this:

BS.

BK was a maverick until his Marv mistake became evident.

What about your boy Shelden Williams being picked Diesel? That pick was definitely worse than picking Marvin; especially considering Marvin was the consensus 1 or 2 pick in the draft. At least Marvin will be in league 3 years from now; as for Shelden I'm not sure.

And I'm old enough to remember this - - -

President Harry S. Truman had this sign posted at his desk: "The Buck stops here."

All of us like to "Pass the Buck" - pass on the blame to someone else.

As much as the draft picks, both good and bad, may have been by many, the ultimate praise or blame must land squarely on the GM.

Our draft last season was great. Few of us question that and fans that follow the

Hawks closely, as we do here on Hawksquawk, know just how good it already is

and hope Acie Law IV will make it even better.

We have some very good young players. Give our GM credit for that. And, they will

only improve as they gain age and experience. Our making the playoffs this season

will be a great learning experience for the entire Hawks orginization.

Then, there are those draft picks that either didn't work out, Shelden, or the eternal

reminder that we could have had CP3 as a Hawk. No matter how good MW plays

or how far he goes, he will always be the player taken instead of CP3.

BK will be remembered for not getting a PG in the draft when the Hawks were in

need of a PG. He will be remembered for not drafting//signing as a free agent,

a big man/center for the Hawks. Horford has been great, has played center as

a seasoned pro, even tho everyone refers to him as a PF, playing out of position.

BK will be remembered as the builder of the current roster - - - Refusing to shake

hands with one of the owners - - - Trying, unsuccessfully, to fire the head coach,

who then led the Hawks to the playoffs and forced the Celtics into game seven.

No, he shouldn't get all the blame. There's enough to go around.

As we sit, the Hawks were far more competitive than the Cavs have been. The reason for this is the athleticism and length that the commentators all note. The architect of that athleticism and length was BK, who followed this blueprint to a fault, which was the main reason that Marvin was selected over CP3 (along with Marvin being the consensus #2 pick), who was deemed too small with inadequate consideration given to his obvious more than compensating advantage in quickness and skill (if memory serves, going into that year, CP3 was the consensus #1 pick before difficult games against college players like Jarrett Jack and supposed character issues led him to slide). BK deviated from his blueprint only in picking Shellhead, clearly his biggest mistake.

Our ability to switch on virtually any player is an advantage that will serve the Hawks well unless some future GM gets rid of too many of the players BK brought here. Add a decent big man (not necessarily great), let Acie develop and add some outside shooting off the bench, and this team could play with just about anyone (I bet the Celtics don't want a repeat matchup with such a team next year). BK wasn't perfect, but he obviously did some good here. Hope the next guy enhances and doesn't blow it.

Guest Walter

Quote:

Sad thing is BK should be getting all the praise for this ridiculously promising future he's built for this team.

But people won't realize it until 1-2 years from now when he's long gone. (Assuming we re-sign the core)

This is simply hog wash. Is Childress ever going to be better than Iggy or Deng? Is Marvin EVER going to be better than Paul or Deron? Is SW EVER going to be better than a whole littany of players drafted after him, particularly Roy?

The answer is MFing NO!

We built through the draft. The whole draft. And almost (JJ) nothing but the draft! When you build through the draft almost exclusively AND you draft the THIRD WORST possible, remotely consider prospect TWO YEARS IN A ROW, and a prospect that may be TENTH worst including prospect not even remotely considered (SW)...when you pass on TWO ROY and TWO all-stars in their 2nd year amongst players you should have been considering...YOU SUCK and the team suffers because of you!

How people can defend BK is beyond fathomability.

If you are a GM and you build through the draft be well aware that your standing, your job, your team's development depends greatest upon your ABILITY TO DRAFT! Considering BK had perhaps the worst 3 year high lottery drafting history of any GM in any sport, he should have been let go years ago.

W