• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Diesel's take on BK's resignation.

Diesel

• Premium Member

I think Chris Paul got BK to resign.

Chris Paul is the mistake that never went away.

You must admit that CP3 is now the best PG in the game... Marv Sucks in comparison. And now that CP3 is MVP candidate, after every big CP3 game, we hear how he should have been a Hawk.

More importantly, when CP3 said that he wanted the Hawks to draft him and he had his best pre-draft workout with the Hawks... It sealed BK's fate.

• Premium Member

Quote:

They should have gotten ride of him after the 05-06 season.

They gave Marvin time to grow.

However, in these playoffs... We did such a job against Boston.. but then everyday since... all that the media talks about is... "Passed over Paul to take Marvin".

Quote:

You must admit that CP3 is now the best PG in the game... Marv Sucks in comparison. And now that CP3 is MVP candidate, after every big CP3 game, we hear how he should have been a Hawk.

More importantly, when CP3 said that he wanted the Hawks to draft him and he had his best pre-draft workout with the Hawks... It sealed BK's fate.

What about the your boy Shelden being picked! That's what didn't get BK an extension. Shelden won't even be in league 3 years from now, yet Brandon Roy was an all-star last year.

Quote:

Quote:

However, in these playoffs... We did such a job against Boston.. but then everyday since... all that the media talks about is... "Passed over Paul to take Marvin".

It time for you to grow; grow away from your Marvin infatuation. Seriously what did Marvin do to you? Did he steal your girl? Did you write him a love letter and he didn't return your affections? What is it?

• Premium Member

Quote:

i think it was the shelden draft...only because most people would have done the same as BK, but NOONE would have done the telegraphed too high pick on shelden...NOONE.

Next year about this time, Nobody will remember Shelden's draft. But everybody will still get upset about us passing on Paul.

We had 5 Sfs when we drafted Marvin. NO PGs.

Shelden actually was drafted to fill a need. Maybe we could have traded down. However, that draft was to fill a need.

The 2006 draft was a much worse experience. We were picking BPA and we didn't get that right.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It time for you to grow; grow away from your Marvin infatuation. Seriously what did Marvin do to you? Did he steal your girl? Did you write him a love letter and he didn't return your affections? What is it?

No... His pick f----- up my team.

You are typical. You don't want to hear the truth. The truth is that passing on CP3 will go down as the biggest blunder in Hawks History.

Quote:

Quote:

i think it was the shelden draft...only because most people would have done the same as BK, but NOONE would have done the telegraphed too high pick on shelden...NOONE.

Next year about this time, Nobody will remember Shelden's draft. But everybody will still get upset about us passing on Paul.

Shelden actually was drafted to fill a need. Maybe we could have traded down. However, that draft was to fill a need.

The 2006 draft was a much worse experience. We were picking BPA and we didn't get that right.

It will be kind of hard to forget when Brandon Roy is playing in the all-star game agaign.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

You are typical. You don't want to hear the truth. The truth is that passing on CP3 will go down as the biggest blunder in Hawks History.

Um... Marvin didn't pick himself. Weren't you the one who wanted this team to pick another project player (Yi) this past draft.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

It will be kind of hard to forget when Brandon Roy is playing in the all-star game agaign.

Brandon Roy = At home watching the playoffs, planning his draft lottery party.

Chris Paul = getting ready to beat the Spurs again. Planning to play the Lakers in the WCF.

Roy is a nice player. However, Roy was not a big need. We couldn't pass up a chance to get a big again... during Roy's draft. Like I said.. Sure we could have traded down.. or something.. but the Shelden pick is more justifiable than the Marvin pick.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Um... Marvin didn't pick himself. Weren't you the one who wanted this team to pick another project player (Yi) this past draft.

Yeah. It's the effect of having a log jam at PF because your SF is being coddled by the franchise and your real need is at least one player taller than 6'9"... I don't think Yi made a bad representation of himself. He's not as good as Horf but by the same token, he's not that bad. He's indeed 7 feet. He is indeed got some weight to him. He needs to get past the language barrier and spend some time in the weight room. However, once he gets some strength to him, he will definitely be better than Marvin.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Chris Paul = getting ready to beat the Spurs again. Planning to play the Lakers in the WCF.

Roy is a nice player. However, Roy was not a big need. We couldn't pass up a chance to get a big again... during Roy's draft. Like I said.. Sure we could have traded down.. or something.. but the Shelden pick is more justifiable than the Marvin pick.

Where was Chris Paul this time last year? So in your mind drafting a complete stiff is better than drafting a player that contributes to the team.

I get the feeling that BK was given the choice of resign or we will fire you, and he chose resign. I think this leads to two questions:

1) Does this mean that upper management has someone else ready to take over? Perhaps a big name?

2) Where does BK go from here?

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Where was Chris Paul this time last year? So in your mind drafting a complete stiff is better than drafting a player that contributes to the team.

In my mind... Had BK not gotten a big in that draft... the whole city would have called for his head.

What made the Marvin pick so stupid was the fact that we had no C, no PG and 5 Sfs.

What made the Roy Pick just as bad is the fact that we had no C, no PG, 4 Sfs, and Joe Johnson.

After picking Marvin, BK didn't have the clout to get Roy over a big.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I get the feeling that BK was given the choice of resign or we will fire you, and he chose resign. I think this leads to two questions:

1) Does this mean that upper management has someone else ready to take over? Perhaps a big name?

2) Where does BK go from here?

You would think that...

However, when pressed, Gearon said he begged BK to reconsider. He still thinks of BK as a good GM.

1. I don't think so.

2. I think he goes to NY. He will probably be the head of player personnell or top scout or something.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

In my mind... Had BK not gotten a big in that draft... the whole city would have called for his head.

What made the Marvin pick so stupid was the fact that we had no C, no PG and 5 Sfs.

What made the Roy Pick just as bad is the fact that we had no C, no PG, 4 Sfs, and Joe Johnson.

What made the Shelden Williams pick so stupid is that he wasn't even a consensus top ten pick. Marvin was a consensus 1 or 2 pick in that draft. BK could have drafted a PG (Rondo) instead of Shelden and nobody would have complained about not picking Shelden.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

What made the Shelden Williams pick so stupid is that he wasn't even a consensus top ten pick. Marvin was a consensus 1 or 2 pick in that draft. BK could have drafted a PG (Rondo) instead of Shelden and nobody would have complained about not picking Shelden.

Rondo was barely a first round pick on most mocks.

The point is that Bigs don't grow on trees. Teams with good Bigs don't give them up easily. Morevoer, most bigs don't want to come to Atlanta.

Now, Shelden didn't live up to his billing. However, that doesn't mean that the pick was worse than passing over Paul or Deron when it was obvious that our biggest need was PG.

Fellas please don't forget about Craig Claxton! I agree with diesel that Shelden fit a need more than Marvin. But Marvin has at least contributed to this team.

How do you know which player was a bigger blunder, Marvin or Shelden?

CP3 will be one the greatest PG's ever.

Roy will be an all star player but not on the same level as Paul.

Quote:

I feel that the Shelden pick was his last strike..