• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

BK's Resignation Exposes Our Mess

AnakinJoe

Back to Dennis Lindsey pulling his name out of the mix, I think it is entirely plausible that he believes that if he holds on, he will eventually get the Houston GM job. Leslie Alexander gave that job to a stathead in Daryl Morley, and it wouldn't surprise me if Dennis believes Morley won't last long in Houston and that he would be the top choice if he doesn't get the job.

Plus, he's a Texas guy and may have legitimately not wanted to uproot his family and move them to an area of the country they are unfamiliar with.

Quote:

Back to Dennis Lindsey pulling his name out of the mix, I think it is entirely plausible that he believes that if he holds on, he will eventually get the Houston GM job. Leslie Alexander gave that job to a stathead in Daryl Morley, and it wouldn't surprise me if Dennis believes Morley won't last long in Houston and that he would be the top choice if he doesn't get the job.

Plus, he's a Texas guy and may have legitimately not wanted to uproot his family and move them to an area of the country they are unfamiliar with.

I would assume that he would have known that before he decided whether or not to interview.

Yep, that whole I want to stay in Texas for the family thing is a load of crap. If we did actually interview him then he had already taken that into consideration otherwise he was just wasting his and our time.

He most likely didn't hear what he needed to hear in order to consider taking over the Hawks.

• Premium Member

Quote:

I would assume that he would have known that before he decided whether or not to interview.

I've had several interviews out of the Western NC area, but have not wanted to uproot my family when push comes to shove. It's worth hearing the offer, but unless it blows you away...

I absolutely buy KB's argument.

But if you had heard what you wanted/needed to hear in an offer you would have done it, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted the time interviewing.

Also, it's not like Atlanta is far from San Antonio, it's a pretty short flight. If Atlanta had offered him the money/power that he wanted keeping his family in San Antonio (or even moving to Atlanta on his own) wouldn't have been an issue.

• Premium Member

Quote:

But if you had heard what you wanted/needed to hear in an offer you would have done it, otherwise you wouldn't have wasted the time interviewing.

Yes, but what we don't know is what he wanted to hear. We're simply speculating based on absolutely nothing.

Quote:

Also, it's not like Atlanta is far from San Antonio, it's a pretty short flight.

Ummm....what good would it do to have a short flight? How much free time do you really think a GM has?

I know several coaches that have interviewed at places they had no interest in going to, whether they did it just to get their current employer to increase their pay or if it was just for the free meal.

When I was interviewing for residency spots this past year, my first interview was with the program I wanted to go to, and I knew I had the spot. I still took a few other interviews even though I really wasn't interested in training at those programs. I basically did it because I had a free night in a nice hotel and got a free meal through the process. Plus, it is a great feeling to have people smoozing you because they want you.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Yep, that whole I want to stay in Texas for the family thing is a load of crap. If we did actually interview him then he had already taken that into consideration otherwise he was just wasting his and our time.

He most likely didn't hear what he needed to hear in order to consider taking over the Hawks.

You always go tot he interview. Even if you know you don't want the job. We could have offered him 40 million over 3 yrs and he would have taken the deal. However, that's why you go to the interview... that and to establish a good relationship.

Quote:

Most of you have a personal vendetta against the Atlanta Spirit Group and every little thing that goes wrong is somehow their fault.

How can every little thing not be their fault? They are responsible for everything that's happened, good and bad, to this franchise since they came on board.

Who else woud be at fault?

Every player, coach and front office employee is under the umbrella of this ownership group. They are first and last.