Knight saying Theo is untouchable is pure stupidit

Diesel

• Premium Member

y.

Theo hasn't done anything to deserve that label...

In fact, i see him as our most tradable player.

I happen to like the trade:

Theo to LAC for Odom/Wilcox.

I figure LAC has to give up one of those PFs. I figure a mix of Theo and Kaman would be good because Theo can run. I figure if we act Now, LAC can make a move on matching Utah's offer to Maggette.

It would actually leave a nice team:

Jaric/Richardson/Maggette/Brand/Theo.

I would like what we have too:

JT/Glover (resign)/Odom/SAR/Wilcox.

Wilcox is 6'10 and he's strong. He can probably be a good rebounder. He was injured a few times last season and didn't look quite as good as Ely... But I remember him in Maryland. He was raw but he had moves and he was defensive. I say pull the trigger.

Also, I don't blame Knight for the Grob trade. I think that was Kasten all day. Really if you listen to Knight... He does a lot of talking but he can't really prove any of it. After the Grob trade, he admitted that his hands have been tied because of the Luxury tax. That's only after him talking about we're able to go after players.....

Blah blah blah...

knight never said he could go after players like odom because it was well known they weren't going to touch the mle because of the luxury tax.

i think knight is saying they are not trading ratliff because there are no centers coming back in any of these discussions.

kurt thomas? chris wilcox? they aren't centers. theo is only 6'10-11 but he has the wingspan and shot nblocking ability of a center, which thomas and wilcox don't.

We aren't going to win anyway...So why keep Theo?

What's the point in keepinga 31 year old center when

you have no chance to fight off more talented and

younger teams?

Trade Theo and try and get some things in return.Keeping

him makes Knight look like a bigger idiot that he already

appears to be.

Hey Diesel... Knight could be bluffin

it could be a very nice setup as in a CHESS GAME.

he knows that no team is going throw a TMAC or KB8 at u for Ratliff.... im sure he'd trade Ratliff for an allstar SG anyday of the week... but until we get offers like that, we're not gonna trade him for the RON MERCER types SGs...

thats how i interpreted the article

Diesel, I know you are still mad about this deal, but get over it. Theo is not going anywhere. What center could we get right now who could be better? I think we should focus on signing a Odom, Stephen Jackson, DerMarr, or Glover. Diesel, this trade will help us in the future.

In reply to:

What center could we get right now who could be better?

In reply to:

Diesel, this trade will help us in the future.

Why does "right now" even matter?

Yes, we obviously traded Robinson for Brandon's contract with an eye to the future. Why shouldn't we trade Theo for the same reason?

This team simply isn't good enough to contend right now. Who knows, maybe Diaw comes in and wins ROY, JT figures out the point, and we somehow grab the #8 seed.

Theo will be 32 when his deal expires in 2005. For a guy with his injury history, I can't see him having a career much further past that, maybe 34 or 35.

Shareef, by comparison, will only be 28. He will probably still have 6 good years, at least. He would be worth resigning.

Theo is not part of the future of this team. If we have the chance to trade him for young talent and/or picks, there's absolutely no reason not to.

I'm the same with this subject as I was when the Dikembe trade talks were going around.

You do not trade a high quality starting center without receiving another high quality starting center in return.

Lamar Odom is a nice player when he isn't smoking a joint or snorting a line, but he's completely unreliable as a player and as a person. You simply don't trade the league's best shot blocker for that.