• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Best memory of '08

Swatguy

For me it is easy. Game 6 the largest and loudest crowd Ever at Philips. The 4th quarter that was Joe Johnson was as exciting as any I have witnessed. I was speechless for most of the quarter and it has forever quieted any doubts about Joe.

That convinced me, he can command the 3 and 2 positions at the highest level.

Next might be Zaza in KG's grill, it was priceless.

Quote:

1. Joe Johnson's game 4 4th quarter

2. Game 3 of playoffs(1st playoff home game in a decade)

3. 1st game of the season against Dallas

4. Contriversal game against toronto late in the season

5. any dunk or black by smoove

Pretty much my list as well...

Game 3 at Phillips. The crowd was nuts. It was the 1st playoff game at Phillips.

Those high flying dunks by Smoove. Just to beat Boston and to see that we

COULD beat them at home was nuts. The atmosphere was insane. Nothing in

the regular season can compare to any 3 of those home games. But I liked the first

one the best.

Game 3 because it was the first playoff game in a long time.

Game 4 because of JJ's performance.

Game 6 because we took the best team in the NBA to a Game 7.

Even though we lost in 7 games, we "still Shocked the World" as the Game 6 T-shirts said.

The crowd was simply BANANAS in all 3 games. I don't know which game was the loudest but they were all deafening at different points in the games.

• Premium Member

Game Six for me. I was at Game Three too but Game Six was on a different level. That had to be the grittiest win I've ever seen the Hawks pull out. They really left it all out there that night. I know a lot of people feel that Boston just wasn't taking us seriously, but I feel that they were trying their best to intimidate us on our home floor and just couldn't. The Celts had several mini "huddles" on the court as they tried to regain their composure. You could see the momentum swinging in our favor late in the 4th quarter. It was as if the crowd absolutely REFUSED to let the Hawks lose and that energy forced them to play some of the best basketball I've seen this team play.....ever. I was soooo proud of how these guys represented themselves in the playoffs and I look forward to it again next postseason. Good times. biggrin.gif

Quote:

1. Joe Johnson's game 4 4th quarter

2. Game 3 of playoffs(1st playoff home game in a decade)

3. 1st game of the season against Dallas

4. Contriversal game against toronto late in the season

5. any dunk or black by smoove

I'd add sold out home wins against Dallas and Phoenix early in the season. Wasn't quite the playoff atmosphere, but we did have a solid electricity in the building to start the year.