• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Travis Best

jezmund

I know he's a lower tier starting PG but if we could get him for something like 2 yr/3M, SNT Terry to Utah for Harpring, trade Nazr/CC for Wesley Person and sign DJ/Kevin Willis.

Best/Dickau

Person/DJ/Hansen

Harpring/Diaw

SAR/Hendu

Theo/Willis

This team of course isn't as good as the one with JT but I don't think it's $60M worse. The Nazr trade gives us even more cap space for next year. I think that team could win 30 games being competitive in all of them. Is this what want to happen? No. Do I want to sign JT for $55-60M? No. Would this team be semi-competitive in the Eastern Conference? I think so, at least about as competitive as we would have been with just JT. Something to think about, that's all...... My point is, can we just make some small deals and sign cheap players while staying as competitive as we currently are?

• Premium Member

NOPE.

A funny thing happened to Best recently.

He scoffed at Boston's 2 Million dollar offer. So Boston went out and signed Mike James (Best's Backup at Miami) without further negotiations.

I think Best think he's better than he is. I think he wants a full MCE for 3-5 years. Well, he took a step back last year.

I would rather have Anderson than Best.

That team will not be able to create any offense at all.

Travis Best is not a starting caliber point guard. There's not a single player on that team that would keep a defense from triple teaming Shareef.

Matt Harpring would be nice, but not without JT. Harpring is a guy who will do some grunt work, but he's not a scorer. He's not going to force any shots, which is why he would be a great fit. He would give the Hawks the type of mid range game Robinson had, but he would be the anti-Robinson, as in he actually plays hard and works hard.

Could be and is are two different things.

I'd rather give JT the $60 million because I know what I have with him. I know I have a player who is capable of creating offense for himself as well as others. I know I have a player that has done nothing but shown continuous improvement. I know I have a player that is a good on the ball defender. I know I have a player that is guaranteed to get you 19 points and 7 assists a night.

Go look for other players that will give you 19 and 7 night in and night out. You will find a few names. Stephon Marbury, Jason Kidd, and Gary Payton. Outside of Payton, who took a small contract because he's old and wants a championship, look at how much those guys get paid. You will see that $60 million for Terry will prove to be a bargain if he keeps improving at the rate he has over the past 3 seasons.

There are only 5 point guards who were top 10 in scoring, top 10 in assists, and top 14 in assist-to-turnover ratio among point guards: Gary Payton, Jason Kidd, Stephon Marbury, Steve Nash, and Jason Terry.