• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Sixers are about to take us to school

HawkNJersey

None of the Hawk players have proven that can lead a team to wins in their careers. KG had plenty of 50 win seasons under his belt before Boston. Can Josh or Joe make the same claim? I guess if your proud of a capped out 37 win team that's what your proud of. It's laughable that the people here expect the owners to cap out a 37 win team. I guess it's easy to expect that when it's not your money.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:

None of the Hawk players have proven that can lead a team to wins in their careers. KG had plenty of 50 win seasons under his belt before Boston. Can Josh or Joe make the same claim? I guess if your proud of a capped out 37 win team that's what your proud of.

KG wasn't on a 50 win team until his 5th year in the league.

... but yeah, I guess my declaration of pride gave me away.

Quote:

None of the Hawk players have proven that can lead a team to wins in their careers. KG had plenty of 50 win seasons under his belt before Boston. Can Josh or Joe make the same claim? I guess if your proud of a capped out 37 win team that's what your proud of. It's laughable that the people here expect the owners to cap out a 37 win team. I guess it's easy to expect that when it's not your money.

Ya, totally !

1. All the roster did was make Boston fight for their life to a Game 7.

2. Our roster is just a 22, 22, and 21 year olds in the front court.

3. The Hawks were the youngest playoff team.

4. They just added a starter quality PG who could really add some true chemistry to a naturally maturing roster.

Why would any ownership group want to keep together a roser such as that ? No way that roster will get better. All they will do is win 37 games next year if their lucky. The ASG are such idiots........they should have just renounced Smooves rights by now and target Michael Finley (since he is a "winner") and call it an off season.....

We should have gotten JO when we had the chance too....since he has been on many 50 win teams and such an obvious "winner."

something.gif

Quote:

All I'm saying is that if your going to spend 13 million a year you should aim higher than Josh Smith. What are the Hawks going to do without him, lose games? Oh wait....

Your estimation of Smith's value is your business. I can understand why you wouldn't want to overpay.

I just think that your context-less argument that Josh Smith has never led a team to 50 wins is completely retarded. Especially since you are contrasting him with KG who also never led a team to 50 wins at this point in his career and had been something of a "second fiddle" to Tom Gugliotta before that.

All the roster did was make Boston fight for their life to a Game 7.

We saw how good the Hawks were in that 7th game. In two of the three home wins the Hawks had 80 FT attempts atleast partly due to the refs manipulating the series.

3. The Hawks were the youngest playoff team.

They only made the playoffs because the rest of the bottom feeders sucked more.

4. They just added a starter quality PG who could really add some true chemistry to a naturally maturing roster.

Bibby's days of being a legit starter are about over.

All they will do is win 37 games next year if their lucky.

Very possible. Other teams are actually making moves to upgrade the roster. Due to overpaying their own players, the Hawks will be looking to Randolph Morris as the key offseason pickup.

Your quite a piece of work !

Is the glass alwayse so half empty with your point of view ?

Ya, games 3, 4, & 6 meant absolutely nothing. If you can't beat Boston in Boston then your obviously just a trashy team ! Oh wait ! The Lakers and Cavs could not beat Boston in Boston either. In fact hardly any one beat Boston in Boston during the entire regular season.

Ya the East is really getting alot better. The Celtics and Pistons will just be a year older. While all the bad teams who are trying to catch us are busy working in new players, breaking in rookies, and adjusting to new coaches we will be riding the momentum of, HOPEFULLY, bringing back all 5 starters, having a whole camp with Bibby to get more accustomed to his teamates, and allowing ALL the young guys time to mature and polish their games.

Man it must suck to be you and alwayse see things as a glass half empty. Worse yet it must suck more to have to actually listen to you. I can stop reading your post but there is no mute button to shut up a whiner/complainer once they open their mouth. You can only nod your head...and PRETEND like your listening.

Have fun bitching all night with whoever about all the wrongs and half emptied glasses there are in the world since that is all you do.

Quote:

Because I think there is a limit to what you should pay a guy that isn't a top player?

No I was refering to your 4 points in your above post. You could have just been being a smart ass but with you I took it seriously.

I was also refering to your earlier post in this thread that really went off target on several different tangents.

Quote:

All I'm saying is that if your going to spend 13 million a year you should aim higher than Josh Smith. What are the Hawks going to do without him, lose games? Oh wait....

I would rather spend 13 million on Josh Smith than lose him and have nothing but a 3 million salary slot to replace him. All we have to do is offer a 6 year 66 million dollar salary. Josh Smith doesn't want to live in Philly, no one wants to live in Philly.

Quote:

Quote:

I would rather spend 13 million on Josh Smith than lose him and have nothing but a 3 million salary slot to replace him. All we have to do is offer a 6 year 66 million dollar salary. Josh Smith doesn't want to live in Philly, no one wants to live in Philly.

I am considering moving to Philly. Philly is great!

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

I am considering moving to Philly. Philly is great!

Just move on over here to Cherry Hill NJ.......

Quote:

We saw how good the Hawks were in that 7th game.

Did you see your boy Kobe and the Lakers get waxed by the Celts in game 6? You do realize we were playing the team that won the championship, right? Despite your prognostications to the contrary, yes, Boston was that good and they did win the whole thing.

Quote:

In two of the three home wins the Hawks had 80 FT attempts atleast partly due to the refs manipulating the series.

Should the team get any credit at all for playing a more aggressive style at home while the Celtics stood outside and shoot jump shots?

No, obviously the fix was in. Stern wanted ATL to oust the most storied franchise in league history, that happens to play its home games in City of National Media Hype. That was obviously in the best interests of the league.

Quote:

I think you guys (and maybe the Hawks) are not looking at all angles. You seem to think that the 76ers cap situation is a static one. They can get further under the cap if they truly wanted to do so.

All I can say is good luck because losing Josh Smith would essentially shut down your franchise.

you could be right....i won't fret till it happens though.

Should the team get any credit at all for playing a more aggressive style at home while the Celtics stood outside and shoot jump shots?

80 FT's in 2 games? Aggressive or not, I say bullshyt.

No, obviously the fix was in.

Fix and manipulating are two different things.

The Hawks had no chance to win in Boston... Only once were they even reasonability close to being in the game in the 4th period. Coming off the first two games, this series had the potential to maybe be the most lopsided series in NBA history. You think that is in the leagues best interest?

So you're saying the refs manipulated the series in order to force a Game 7 and put their only major draw out of the East at risk? Anything can happen in one game. You think they would do this despite the fact that it would take a physical toll on the Celtics and their 2nd round matchup was going to be the defending conference champion?

All the league and ABC ever wanted was a Lakers-Celtics finals. Why would they do anything to jeopardize that?

Why would anyone care if the Hawks got waxed by 40 in every game? MJ's great teams made short work of low-seeded teams all the time. Wouldnt the league want to add to the air of invincibility of its vaunted Beast of the East, building towards the inevitable clash of the titans (Celts-Lakers)?

The Hawks were a non-story all year. They appeared on national television during the regular season as many times as you or I. This is a poor angle to play on your part, and was certainly not the tune you were singing after the actual games.

I see a little time and distance have allowed you to harden your stance towards the series.

Quote:

So you're saying the refs manipulated the series in order to force a Game 7 and put their only major draw out of the East at risk? Anything can happen in one game. You think they would do this despite the fact that it would take a physical toll on the Celtics and their 2nd round matchup was going to be the defending conference champion?

All the league and ABC ever wanted was a Lakers-Celtics finals. Why would they do anything to jeopardize that?

Why would anyone care if the Hawks got waxed by 40 in every game? MJ's great teams made short work of low-seeded teams all the time. Wouldnt the league want to add to the air of invincibility of its vaunted Beast of the East, building towards the inevitable clash of the titans (Celts-Lakers)?

The Hawks were a non-story all year. They appeared on national television during the regular season as many times as you or I. This is a poor angle to play on your part, and was certainly not the tune you were singing after the actual games.

I see a little time and distance have allowed you to harden your stance towards the series.

More importantly, why wouldn't they draw out the first round series between the Nuggets and Lakers considering that Iverson/Melo are more known nationally?