• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Here goes the Clipper and Smith talk via ESPN

DawsonsCreek

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How much cap room does LA have exactly? And why does no one want Okafor, Deng, etc.?

Because Deng has basically met his potential. There is no reason to throw a huge offer at Deng, because he isn't worth that money, nor does he have the potential to be, and Chicago will obviously match any other deal.

Okafor has back problems and serious injury concerns, and TURNED down 67 million last season. He also doesn't have very much potential.

Biedrins just isn't that good.

over josh. hails no! but valuable? I think he is. i think he'd be great in atl. better than zaza thats foh shoz.

Biedrins isn't good? We have no 5 and Biedrins has been in the top 2 of FG % the past couple years and averaged around a double double.

With the Hawks *ahem* questionable shot selection and lack of a big; i think he'd be very valuable to us.

FG% doesn't mean he is a good offensive player. He sucks at offense, and he's not that good at defense. Very overrated. Has potential, but in the eyes of other teams, definitely isn't worth pursuing over Josh Smith.

I agree with you Josh. He would be sick next to AL imo. He averages a double double and doesnt turn the ball over and can run. Hes 22. Look at his rebounds for March and April. Can block shots too at 6'11.

If we could get Bierdens and Azubuike that would fill 2 needs. A 5 and a shooting guard with size off the bench.

• Premium Member

Quote:

The Clippers, sources said, expected to respond to the departures of Brand and Maggette by making a hard run at Atlanta Hawks restricted free agent Josh Smith, who was Philadelphia's No. 2 target behind Brand. If the Clippers elect to sign Smith to an offer sheet, Atlanta would have seven days to match.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3479117

It really gets old with ESPN. Half of the stuff that they pass around is just rumors and the Clipper franchise is operated almost as bad as the cheap ASG Hawk group.

• Premium Member

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How much cap room does LA have exactly?

Storytellers has them @ about 33.6 mil.

http://www.storytellerscontracts.info/reso...-09salaries.htm

Why didn't they offer more to Brand if they have the cap room to do so? It seems strange that they would be significantly underbid.

Maybe it is just because......

they are the Clippers. Now we have the cage match of the century, Donald Sterling vs the ASG.

hehehehe..................good post, sad but true

Quote:

they are the Clippers. Now we have the cage match of the century, Donald Sterling vs the ASG.

Yeah, where's Vince McMahon when you need him? No wonder their ratings are going down....

I'm going with the ASG using a 'foreign object' on Sterling to pull out the win...

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah, where's Vince McMahon when you need him? No wonder their ratings are going down....

I'm going with the ASG using a 'foreign object' on Sterling to pull out the win...

You never know...one of the Belkin could easily pull out a folding chair and turn against the rest of the ASG.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

How much cap room does LA have exactly? And why does no one want Okafor, Deng, etc.?

Because Deng has basically met his potential. There is no reason to throw a huge offer at Deng, because he isn't worth that money, nor does he have the potential to be

Uh, okay.

Deng averaged 19/7 shooting 52% in his 3rd season. The Bulls weren't willing to trade him in a deal for Kobe so i think the GM's realize the Bulls would surely match any offer.

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Because Deng has basically met his potential. There is no reason to throw a huge offer at Deng, because he isn't worth that money, nor does he have the potential to be

Uh, okay.

Deng averaged 19/7 shooting 52% in his 3rd season. The Bulls weren't willing to trade him in a deal for Kobe so i think the GM's realize the Bulls would surely match any offer.

Thats not true. Reports out of Chicago were that Deng was in the "proposed deal" for Kobe but that Kobe said he would veto the deal. Deng was also in the original deal for Pau, but Memphis wanted both Deng, Gordon and picks. Deng was also in the proposed deal for KG that included Tyson Chandler, Deng, and multiple first round picks. Deng is hardly untouchable.

And I wasn't responding to the matching portion of the quote, only that Deng at 23 has maxed out his potential and has no chance for continued improvement.

Quote:

And I wasn't responding to the matching portion of the quote, only that Deng at 23 has maxed out his potential and has no chance for continued improvement.

Even if he didn't improve 19/7 shooting 52% with good D is still worth a lot in this league.

Quote:

Well I did say "basically" met his potential. But regardless, that's just my opinion, I honestly don't see Deng getting much better than he already is, and that's not necessarily a bad thing because Deng is a great player.

Quote:

Just saw a headlines that the Clips are also interested in Okafor? don't see how he fits since they have kaman unless Smith is off their radar? Or he could play sf.

I think they may just be pursuing both just like the Sixers were with Brand and Josh.

Maybe teams are scared to go after Smith if they think the Hawks will match.

I think they def think of Josh as a PF to fit in this lineup:

Baron Davis

Mobley/Gordon

Al Thornton

(PF Void left by Brand)

Chris Kaman/DeAndre Jordan