• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

Does New Jersey interest you as a trading partner?

sturt

• Premium Member

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/nets/24303899.html

Quote:

Thorn says Nets will stay busy

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rod Thorn just completed his second news conference in 10 days, this one to welcome Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons to New Jersey, when the Nets' president said there could be another one before the summer is out.

The rookies already were introduced so another news conference means a good free agent signing – perhaps Eduardo Najera – or at least one more trade.

Thorn wouldn't rule out something big.

"We're looking at several things," he said.

"We still may make a trade or two. There are some free agents we're looking at. This is not going to be our final roster."

Thorn intimated that he and GM Kiki Vandeweghe could look to deal a power forward.

Our guess is Stromile Swift and/or restricted free agent Nenad Krstic, who is more of a center, but why squabble?

Thorn said the Nets are looking for a wing player, a backup shooting guard or combo guard..........

So we'd have no SF + Bibby/Felton/Law and Smith/Horford/Okafor? If Smith can play the 3 I can live with the Smith/Horford/Okafor part but send Felton elsewhere. I'd like to keep Childress though. I'd consider Marvin/Zaza for Okafor in a sign-and-trade.

I saw this on espn and wondered if Krstic could be the center we need to pair with AL. I have to say i havent seen him play much so I dont know what his game is. Just looking at his stats he doesnt look like a reb which is ok since smoove and al reb. If he is a good passer then i say lets offer chill for krstic and see what happens.

• Premium Member

Quote:

http://www.northjersey.com/sports/nets/24303899.html

Quote:

Thorn says Nets will stay busy

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rod Thorn just completed his second news conference in 10 days, this one to welcome Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons to New Jersey, when the Nets' president said there could be another one before the summer is out.

The rookies already were introduced so another news conference means a good free agent signing – perhaps Eduardo Najera – or at least one more trade.

Thorn wouldn't rule out something big.

"We're looking at several things," he said.

"We still may make a trade or two. There are some free agents we're looking at. This is not going to be our final roster."

Thorn intimated that he and GM Kiki Vandeweghe could look to deal a power forward.

Our guess is Stromile Swift and/or restricted free agent Nenad Krstic, who is more of a center, but why squabble?

Thorn said the Nets are looking for a wing player, a backup shooting guard or combo guard..........

I'm sure that Thorn is speaking about moving future cash. For that reason, I can see him moving Carter for contracts that end before 2010. I have always liked Vince Carter. Even now in his old age, he's alright. However, the only thing that we can offer for Vince is Bibby. What do I think about VInce and JJ... that's a hell yeah.. but I really would rather take a look at Bibby. Now if Marvin, Speedy and Solo could get us Vince.. I'd do it right now. Next ten minutes. But I think there's more value for Charlotte than just that. Plus, they have other unwanted contracts like Bobby Simmons.

In the long run, I see them sending Vince and Trenton Hassell to Charlotte for Those NC boys and JRich.

Quote:

I saw this on espn and wondered if Krstic could be the center we need to pair with AL. I have to say i havent seen him play much so I dont know what his game is. Just looking at his stats he doesnt look like a reb which is ok since smoove and al reb. If he is a good passer then i say lets offer chill for krstic and see what happens.

That's a tough one to call, but it is an area of need that has gone one forever.

If I could get the right PG in trade for Chillz (or MAYBE Marvin depending on who the PG was), I'd likely pull the trigger. I MIGHT do it without being able to make a trade and then just go out and sign a vet PG like Jason Williams to backup Acie.

Horford/Zaza/Solo

Smoove/vet big

JJ/Marv

VC/Chillz

Law/Williams/Speedy